U.S. Politics

maqroll

43 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

So now the billions get spent trying to prove the other candidate is shitter... God bless America 

The "she's not really even African American" stuff on Harris is pretty scary

They have already started birther stuff with her too.

10 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If Trump wins this election, he'll be 78 at the end of the term - he's already pretty widely seen as having failing health and there are questions around the deterioration of his mental health with age. If Biden wins this election he'll be a couple of weeks shy of 82 at the end of the term. The oldest man to become President was Donald Trump, four years ago - he was eight years younger than Biden is now.

It's an election between two candidates who are unlikely to be able to fulfil the term in office.

How on earth does a country get so corrupted that it ends up in a position like this?

And the previous contender now ruled out, Sanders. Who'd have been 83 at the end of his first term. I don't think I'd ever want to vote to be lead by someone in their 70s.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

If Trump wins this election, he'll be 78 at the end of the term - he's already pretty widely seen as having failing health and there are questions around the deterioration of his mental health with age. If Biden wins this election he'll be a couple of weeks shy of 82 at the end of the term. The oldest man to become President was Donald Trump, four years ago - he was eight years younger than Biden is now.

It's an election between two candidates who are unlikely to be able to fulfil the term in office.

How on earth does a country get so corrupted that it ends up in a position like this?

Biden has been in a leadership position for the past 40 years, perhaps someone should ask him, whose fault of course, this is not.

7 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Ageist! 

A seat should be given on account of what's brought to the table, when it comes to leadership, and governing people.

It's okay @mjmooney I'd respect any leader who's invested the time and concentrated effort in to reading as much as you have. We need more of that.

Unfortunately, too many elderly in positions of influence have spent a lifetime living out legacies that only serve themselves, or the few, in the name of tradition.

Fortunately there are people who have and will spend their lifetime ensuring the legacy they leave will outlive their own life and will take on an existence of its own.

"I see no changes all I see is racist faces
Misplaced hate makes disgrace to races
We under I wonder what it takes to make this
One better place, let's erase the wasted
Take the evil out the people they'll be acting right
'Cause both black and white is smokin' crack (I'd say kickin' back) tonight
And only time we chill is when we kill each other
It takes skill to be real, time to heal each other
And although it seems heaven sent
We ain't ready, to see a black President"

Too true Tupac, too true.

It's so unfortunate that was the reality for Barack Obama, because what the American people had in him was not a token African American president, but a leader, truly.

5 hours ago, A'Villan said:

A seat should be given on account of what's brought to the table, when it comes to leadership, and governing people.

Of course. Problem is Google seems to think the life expectancy for a male in the US is 76, so odds on either being dead by the end of next term are pretty high.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

Of course. Problem is Google seems to think the life expectancy for a male in the US is 76, so odds on either being dead by the end of next term are pretty high.

Ah, I see. I understand, but I guess the principle still applies.

If they are equipped and offer the best governance available to us then I have no issue with someone assuming a role until their time comes.

And odds on we'll all be dead by the end of next term unless either manage to turn a corner, perhaps not, but sometimes I wonder.

1 hour ago, Sam-AVFC said:

To be fair, rich white men who live until the age of Biden probably do not have a very high 4-year mortality rate, but yes, it's higher than for a 'normal' president.

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

To be fair, rich white men who live until the age of Biden probably do not have a very high 4-year mortality rate, but yes, it's higher than for a 'normal' president.

It's rude to talk about the inequality in life expectancy. <_<

Piracy?

U.S. seizes Iranian oil from four tankers en route to Venezuela

The Trump administration has seized the cargo of four tankers it was targeting for transporting Iranian fuel to Venezuela, U.S. officials said Thursday, as it steps up its campaign of maximum pressure against the two heavily sanctioned allies.

Last month, federal prosecutors in Washington filed a civil forfeiture complaint alleging that the sale was arranged by a businessman with ties to Iran’s Revolutionary Guard Corps, a U.S.-designated foreign terrorist organization. At the time, sanctions experts thought it would be impossible to enforce the U.S. court order in international waters.

https://globalnews.ca/news/7274009/iran-us-venezuela-oil-seized/

• Like 2

This could be an interesting speech - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-53819020 (US couple who pointed guns at BLM protesters 'to speak at Republican convention') Lovely to see he had time to get his gun but not his espadrilles.

To note, I wouldn't like a protest going by my house.

Â