U.S. Politics

maqroll

Robert Mueller's report and testimony represent one of the biggest failures in American political history. Hehad Trump by the balls and let him go because he was too much of a Boy Scout. We thought we were getting the top guy, but we got the flop guy. The GOP report just released is the nail in the coffin of his legacy.

• Like 4

I think that maybe a little unfair. From what I have read, The Mueller report  was a bit more of a legal document, so couldn't really make accusations without absolute proof whereas the Gop has the freedom for more scope. So more intelligence data was able to be used. Not saying he shouldn't have done better though.

16 hours ago, villakram said:

Absentee ballots and mail-in voting are not the same thing.

The absentee process is well defined and much more involved, by design.

This is essentially, hmm how do I put it. Horse shit.

It's Trump talking point and (as usual) deflects from the real point which is voter suppression.

Pleeeeeeeease show me evidence of mail in voter fraud. Or any voter fraud in significant numbers.

We're waiting....

Oh yeah, you can't.

Because it's BS. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, maqroll said:

Obama just destroyed Trump. My sister thinks it'll get him killed.

Or it just riles his base who hated Obama anyway, and would think it was a bad speech even if he was promising guns, hookers and free booze.

• Like 1

Former Trump advisor Steve Bannon arrested on charges of defrauding donors in fundraising scheme

Former White House chief strategist Steve Bannon has been arrested after being charged with defrauding hundreds of thousands of donors through their campaign “We Build the Wall.” 

Bannon, along with three of his associates were indicted by investigators at the U.S. Southern District of New York on Thursday. They allege that the group of conservative leaders defrauded donors and that led to raising “more than $25 million to build a wall along the southern border of the United States,” according to the press release. 

The United States Postal Inspection Service assisted in the investigation. 

The others mentioned in the indictment are Timothy Shea, who in May was announced as the Acting Administrator of Drug Enforcement Administration,  Brian Kolfage, a Iraq war veteran,  and Andrew Badolato. 

The campaign was intended to raise money to help President Donald Trump fulfill a campaign promise of building a border wall along the border. Instead, prosecutors allege, that Bannon and his team profited off of the arrangement. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/08/20/former-trump-advisor-steve-bannon-arrested-on-charges-of-defrauding-donors-in-fundraising-scheme.html

1 hour ago, sne said:

He likes to pretend he has more power than he actually has.

I think this is a good point to be honest. That woman has been hired to troll the media, and they regularly turn up to be trolled. I think it's a shitty way to make a living, but she's good at her job and it would be better if journalists didn't play into it quite so much. That response has been carefully calibrated to cause a scene on social media without actually saying anything at all.

• Like 1

There is a slow moving, shift, towards something new. It is no coincidence that the bipartisan senate intelligence committee publish the facts of Russia's interference and backing of Trump at this point in the election cycle. And then there's the Bannon charges. USA got hijacked by utter bastards, and I know, that that country will not go quietly. The establishment there have bided their time - but my god, I worry about the reaction there will be towards Russia - it will be bigger and better than what they did with Trump. 

26 minutes ago, ml1dch said:

...But Biden.

Trump tear gasses his own citizens for a photo op. ...But Biden

Trump isn't trusted by his own intelligence services. ...But Biden.

Trump is openly attempting to subvert democracy and disenfranchise postal voters. ...But Biden.

Trump is a treasonous piece of shit who openly asked for Russian assistance to win the previous election and several members of his campaign team have been convicted. ...But Biden. 

Voting for Trump is simply indefensible. 

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

Â