U.S. Politics

maqroll

2 hours ago, ml1dch said:

Just 50% of the key speakers are members of the Trump family then. That seems like a sign of a healthy political party.

EgD5SVsWoAAs5ya?format=jpg&name=medium

Wonder why he didn't invite his other siblings to speak?

• Haha 1

The totality of atrocities,  the shattering of trust and norms, the degradation of public discourse, the ineptitude,  the division, the stupidity.  Its beyond dizzying. Its surreal. And devastating. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, maqroll said:

The totality of atrocities,  the shattering of trust and norms, the degradation of public discourse, the ineptitude,  the division, the stupidity.  Its beyond dizzying. Its surreal. And devastating. 

I would like to say MR: I remember when you quit your job and went up to protest against the Dakota Access Pipeline and I've held you in an enormous amount of regard since then. I believe at that time you were working in Texas? (I may be incorrect)

So I've followed your journey into becoming a small business entrepreneur and I am devastated for you that this pandemic has forced you to close the Cider House. I hope you are doing OK. I have no doubt that someone with your integrity and work ethic will emerge from this stronger and your next business venture will be even more successful. 

We all hope that this surreal situation that you so aptly describe above will be gone by February next year. People like you will lead your communities away from the toxicity and foulness of the Trump stench that currently envelopes us. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

Kellyanne Conway is resigning. Expect more resignations and more bombshells.

Didn’t know that her husband was part of the Lincoln Project which is the group of republicans trying to get Trump out... If she has truly left the side of trump, there may be multiple tidbits coming out from there over the next few months :popcorn: 

2 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I began to watch the new Netflix documentary last night about I.C.E. 

I'm not sure if it's available in the UK or you have to use a VPN or another way to watch it. I got about 25 minutes in and had to turn it off. It's beyond harrowing. I don't know it's its just watching that or the last 4 years but I feel like I'm suffering from PTSD. Remember one of the 1st things this Trump administration did was enact the Muslim ban. Bannon admitted they did it on a Friday night because he wanted 'libtards' to flood JFK - literally admitting he wanted to incite social unrest / his wet dream of a race war.

Back to the documentary - There should be tribunals and jail terms for many members of this administration who have destroyed so many desperate peoples lives. The folks that say "I was just doing my job" (see the 1940's for "I was just following orders") are beyond lost. Sure they aren't educated very much and are blue collar people happy to be employed; But they still should be held to account for their despicable lack of humanity and the deceitful way in which they would entrap scared, vulnerable people who hardly spoke the language let alone had any understanding of the law.

Anyone who accepts and venerates this administration and its leader should be ridiculed and ostracized.

The 2016 election result was supposedly all about economic hardship inflicted upon the working class by some sort of elite. Yeah right. No it wasn't. It was, and is racism, hatred, fear, paranoia and a sickening devotion to either a Trump cult, a Q cult or white nationalism. **** all of them. I'm so angry. Watch that documentary and try to defend any of it. I've tried to let it flow like water off a ducks back for several years but watching these destitute fathers from Central American countries, bound in shackles, crying their eyes out about their 1/2/3 year old children who were ripped from their arms - well it just broke me.

Immigration Nation.

hard to believe this is real, but it is unfortunately. They even deport people who served in their army. Goodbye respect for veterans.

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

Kellyanne Conway is resigning. Expect more resignations and more bombshells.

Her 15 y.o  daughter is asking to be emancipated after falling out with her parents. She's outspokenly pro BLM and against Trump and has quite a few followers on various social media. Bit messy.

Â