U.S. Politics

maqroll

How and why is he allowed to post such (often divisive) tripe???

At what point can someone step in and say enough is enough? 

Twitter should take the moral high ground and just delete his account. They are a conduit for him to spout his drivel causing unrest, anger and fear

20 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

How could you possibly reconcile with yourself if you were a half decent human being in the Republican Party out there.

Surely they must cringe daily.

I think we’re long past the point anyone still supporting him can be defended as misguided!

• Like 1

Imagine there being video footage of you getting decked out by the police to the point where blood started draining from your ears, and your president publicly dismisses you as part of some made up organization he recently designated terrorists. Just...wow.

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I can still see it. 

It would be a disaster. 

I can see him using any possible means to try and rig the election or at least postpone it, even trying to get rid of the two-term limit as well at some stage.

48 minutes ago, Xela said:

At the start of 2020 I was convinced Trump would be re-elected. Not anymore.

I certainly think it's time people started updating their priors. There have been a lot of people on this forum very confident that he's going to win re-election, but this is not where you want to be:

polls.jpg

(from: https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/?ex_cid=irpromo)

Those are yesterday's polls. The one Trump is up in is a state poll of Oklahoma. Ignoring that, there is one outlier poll in which they're even, and the other 8 have a range of Biden +5 to Biden +14. Obviously it's very likely to be much closer than that in November, but still, he really isn't a great position right now.

The problem being that the response to those polls and not being ahead will be found in the gutter

Theyll drag up any old shit on him now to get back ahead, nothing on why trump is better just plenty on why Biden is worse 

That's how politics has become and the UK is no better, voting to keep the other guy out 

Biden was the prime architect of the 1994 crime bill. Practically every major political decision he has been involved in has resulted in the screwing over of people for corporate America, e.g., Glass-Steagall, Student debt, Obamacare, and that's only the past 20 years.

How he could possibly win this election in the current environment is beyond me. Protesting for racial justice and then voting for Biden or Trump... sheesh, I guess I should be happy I only get to pay taxes.

The country is crying out for an independent candidate.

On 01/06/2020 at 23:57, TheAuthority said:

Thanks Dom. We actually departed NYC March 14th - we are very lucky that my wife's family has a summer condo in Santa Fe New Mexico. We've been holed up here ever since. (Her parents hav cancelled their summer trip.) We're musicians so all of our work has been cancelled including the Santa Fe Opera which we were both meant to be playing this summer. Today we found out that the Metropolitan Opera won't open until December 31st which means all of the other other institutions will be similar. Carnegie Hall, New York Phil & Broadway will all be shut until the New Year at the earliest.

@maqroll Our apartment is on 99th and West End (1/2 a block from Broadway) and I hadn't been worried until today. I was up with my little lad at 6am here and turned on the news. I couldn't believe, 8am broad daylight on 14th street in Manhattan people openly looting stores. I just wonder how mad it. could get - that display tonight by Trump was truly terrifying. They seem to want a war - divide and conquer.

Glad to hear you're safe man!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StefanAVFC said:

There is a video doing the rounds that shows a bunch of protesters who are annoyed at Martin Gugino. It looks as though it was filmed just before the incident and one of the protesters is saying he’s trying to get himself punched. 

Edit: I don’t really know what to make of it all to be honest. 

Edited by LondonLax

Â