U.S. Politics

maqroll

1 minute ago, maqroll said:

I've watched a handful of "Closing time" videos in British cities and yikes, what a mess.

You're right about that. It's embarrassing, to say the least. 

40 minutes ago, meregreen said:

I’ve travelled extensively in the US. One thing I’ve always noted is how rare it is to see fights in public. I’m not saying it doesn’t happen, but I’ve been on Beale St, Yankee Stadium on a hot day with plenty of beer, indeed quite a few bars from Memphis to New Orleans Los Angeles, Vegas, Phoenix, and many more, not always in the best parts of town. But honestly, compared to a Saturday Night in any British Town very little aggro. The reason is, most Americans are well aware that the guy opposite just might be packing a gun. It’s one of the reasons the Police take absolutely no chances, to us their tactics seem over the top, as indeed they are, but it’s fed by that fear.

That and their piss weak beer. 

11 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I've watched a handful of "Closing time" videos in British cities and yikes, what a mess.

What you will have seen will be completely typical in pretty much every town and city centre.  I stopped going to Broad Street years ago because it's just scary as hell, and it seems to have spread to other areas which were previously where you went to avoid The Broad Street madness. 

Even Moseley has its moments now for gods sake. 

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

I don't live there, I don't really understand the problems, I'm looking in and guessing, but to me America seems a pretty broken place 

My 80 year old mother recently said "This country is so **** up.", and "I'm glad I won't be around to see the worst of it."

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Alot of videos of blatent racism of black youths assaulting white police officers in london at todays protests 

Do you think they're assaulting the police officers because they're white?

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

Do you think they're assaulting the police officers because they're white?

Well i wont upload here but one particular one there were two officers one white and one black. Black wasnt touched white one was assaulted so yes i do

Shouldnt be scared to say that because im white

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

Well i wont upload here but one particular one there were two officers one white and one black. Black wasnt touched white one was assaulted so yes i do

Shouldnt be scared to say that because im white

There’s a hatred for police right now so doubt it was racially motivated. 

Plus you do know only white people are racist right? 

19 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

There’s a hatred for police right now so doubt it was racially motivated. 

Plus you do know only white people are racist right? 

Hatred of the uk police?? Why what have they done because of some idiotic racist American policemen? So if a american soccer player racially abuses someone should we start hating uk soccer players as well? That logic makes no sense to me. Police have auxh a tough job over here and yet instead of trying to protect them all they get is utter disrespect. Who the hell would want to be a police officer over here?

Its racist simple as that not sure why people are scared to accuse a black person of being racist.  Whites are bad and im not defending them. But lets not kid ourselves and say there isnt racism from black people either. 

Not sure what you mean by your last paragraph but surely thats a joke

Edited by Demitri_C

From my understanding of Windrush Generation onward, police have a history of brutality and racist conduct and corruption toward their community. Black people in Britain seem to have a similar gripe as their counterparts in USA with the primary difference being much less homicidal violence. But similar harassment and scrutiny and prejudice and unaccountability. Am I wrong?

There's a high stakes drama taking place right now at the Pentagon and the White House. The CIA thinks Trump is a clear and present danger to the country and Trump is grasping for all the power now. All of a sudden we are at a precipice.

Edited by maqroll

13 hours ago, LondonLax said:

So bizarre when the president of the United States of America is just arguing with random people on Twitter. 

I mean this is mental. Mental!

but I’m convinced this is part of the reason so many people like him. It doesn’t matter that he’s talking absolutely shit. 

people Will see this and think oh amazing we’ve got a personality who talks to people on twitter and SaYs WhAt He ThInKs

This shit is why people love him. I’m drunk. But I **** hate Trump. The massive word removed

Â