Playstation 4

hogso

Anyone have any issues with over heating and noise? Mine used to be be fine but for the past couple of weeks its getting quite warm and after 10 minutes of playing sounds like my original Xbox 360.

Mines started ejecting discs randomly so ive not even touched it recently

Anyone have any issues with over heating and noise? Mine used to be be fine but for the past couple of weeks its getting quite warm and after 10 minutes of playing sounds like my original Xbox 360.

The one I had was really loud, to the point where I couldn't leave it on whilst watching TV because it was too annoying, but I just figured that was a consequence of it's small size.

It's really starting to annoy me. I use it to watch skygo, Netflix and blu rays in my bedroom and its got to the point where its so loud that's all I can focus on. Might contact Sony and see if this qualifies for a replacement.

Definitely isn't normal.

You can hear mind occasionally when it's loading something, but otherwise you'd struggle to realise it was on if the light on the front wasnt a different colour.

I'm thinking of just getting rid of mine. Bought it a few months ago, have hardly played it and it's only Fallout 4 and AC Syndicate that stirs any kind of emotion in me. I work full time, start a part time open university degree in October and have started playing golf again. I just can't fit it in to my life anymore, and at 33 years old I'm struggling to see my enthusiasm for it returning!

I'm thinking of just getting rid of mine. Bought it a few months ago, have hardly played it and it's only Fallout 4 and AC Syndicate that stirs any kind of emotion in me. I work full time, start a part time open university degree in October and have started playing golf again. I just can't fit it in to my life anymore, and at 33 years old I'm struggling to see my enthusiasm for it returning!

Strange how things are so different for people, I owned PS1 & Ps2 but hardly touched either as I was so busy with work and used to play football 3 times a week.

Also owned PS3 but didnt really get into it until after I retired from football. Now approaching 40 I spend more time gaming than I have the rest of my life combined.

I'm going to buy one in the next few months. I'm in no rush right now though, as I haven't played my PS3 for months, and I'm feeling a little short of the ol' bunsen burner.

I've had a lot of joy picking up old ps3 games for peanuts lately in CEX and the like.  My question: if I go out and get a PS4, how likely am I able to find cheap games that aren't the typical crud you tend to find?  I know there is a much less user base but I can't afford new at the moment and do find buying 2nd hand really convenient for a cheap blast on the weekend.  Is it possible to pick up the "AAA" titles in the same vein as it's likely to pick up the same on the PS3?  I look through the catalogue for PS3 that my local CEX has (Uncharted 3 for a mere £4 and I can practically get the whole of the FIFA series except this year's for a fiver!).   I'm only asking as I'm hankering for a bit of Star Wars Battlefront action (not yet :))

Similarly, how good is PS+ for PS4?  I had a subscription last year which was really good on PS3 but haven't looked at the PS4 offerings.  Basically - is it worthwhile to own a PS4 if your budget is tight?

(and yes, I'll take a peek through the PS4 section in CEX next time). 

Ta!

Edited by trekka

I've had a lot of joy picking up old ps3 games for peanuts lately in CEX and the like.  My question: if I go out and get a PS4, how likely am I able to find cheap games that aren't the typical crud you tend to find?  I know there is a much less user base but I can't afford new at the moment and do find buying 2nd hand really convenient for a cheap blast on the weekend.  Is it possible to pick up the "AAA" titles in the same vein as it's likely to pick up the same on the PS3?  I look through the catalogue for PS3 that my local CEX has (Uncharted 3 for a mere £4 and I can practically get the whole of the FIFA series except this year's for a fiver!).   I'm only asking as I'm hankering for a bit of Star Wars Battlefront action (not yet :))

Similarly, how good is PS+ for PS4?  I had a subscription last year which was really good on PS3 but haven't looked at the PS4 offerings.  Basically - is it worthwhile to own a PS4 if your budget is tight?

(and yes, I'll take a peek through the PS4 section in CEX next time). 

Ta!

Not really right now, most games are going to be £10 at the cheapest, and those are games that are a year + old. Probably going to be another year before you see games dropping to £5 and those will be remasters, launch titles etc.

• Like 1

There are 'good' games for the PS4 cheap second hand. If your looking under a tenner it's mostly going to be cheaper titles in the first place, old Fifa, and the odd launch title. Nothing really setting the world on fire bar the odd title. If you stretch to £12/15/18 you start to see a fair chunk of big name titles appear.

Look at CEX's website and see what the games in your price range look like.

Obviously the consoles barely 18 months old so you don't have the weight of users to see the second hand market get flooded.

PS+ I understand to still be pretty recent, PS4 offerings are often indie titles but usually pretty decent ones. It's probably worthwhile having.

You can certainly be on a tight budget and get some use out of a PS4. You'll not be stretching the pennies as far as you can on PS3, but is doable especially if you trade in as well.

Edited by Chindie
  • Like 1

PS+ for ps4 has been indie games by and large, been going 20 months (?) and I think there's been 3 "proper" titles, injustice gods among us, MGS 5 prelude and infamous expansion first light, so even out of those two of them are only £15 games, doesn't mean it's been all bad, they've upped it to 3 or 4 games a month now too but IMO there's only been a handful of good games

Enough to keep you busy but not enough to make it worth buying a ps4

• Like 1

Installed the media player app the other day, plugged in a usb drive to play a video file and the thing played at 2x speed the whole way through. Back to the WD media player I go.

• 2 weeks later...
Â