Playstation 4

hogso

some of them yes definitely, said many times id love an onimusha HD remake, id say the overall success of these HD remakes shows theres definitely a market still there for them, sony are no doubt looking at the huge number of new playstation owners this generation too

I have been out of the gaming scene for quite a number of years, I used to have a PS1 and then a PS2. I am very tempted into buying a PS4 but will probably wait until after Christmas in the hope that I get a Christmas bonus and some Cash for Christmas. However, doubt has been placed in my mind by a couple of my friends who reckon Xbox One is the way to go. Should I stick with my original thoughts, or give Xbox a try?

the good exclusives are down 2/3 games on each console, this better on ps4/xbone is nonsense, both do loads of things you'll probably never bother using, one of the big selling points for me was the multi tv thing through pstv and the online game sharing thing, i havent used either in about 6 months, limpid is right it sounds more likely to be down to the multiplayer

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

the good exclusives are down 2/3 games on each console, this better on ps4/xbone is nonsense, both do loads of things you'll probably never bother using, one of the big selling points for me was the multi tv thing through pstv and the online game sharing thing, i havent used either in about 6 months, limpid is right it sounds more likely to be down to the multiplayer

Are you new here? I'm never right :)

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Are you new here? I'm never right [emoji4]

Ooooh yes you are!

Oh wait..

• Like 1

I bought the PS4 because it's graphically more capable. It outputs most games at 1080p whereas Xbone does at 900p.

Also PlayStation support the Sky app, which Microsoft do not.

I also like the idea of Playstation TV, might have to get one in order to have some screen time in the week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PompeyVillan said:

I also like the idea of Playstation TV, might have to get one in order to have some screen time in the week.

£25 in cex, not sure where i said it before its a great bit of kit but sony have made a major **** up in that its really psp tv and its not very user friendly

15 hours ago, limpid said:

Will you want to play online with your friends?

Given what you've posted, I think that's the only decision you need to make..

I know some people with PS and some with Xbox, so it is a split decision on that one. The people who recommended the Xbox's are serious gamers, so they would probably kick my butt if I tried to play them online. I think I am leaning slightly towards getting the PS4 at the moment. My daughters will probably want to play Minecraft with their cousin who has a playstation, and that is how I will sell the idea to the Mrs. :D

Thank you for all your comments.

3 minutes ago, NeilS said:

I know some people with PS and some with Xbox, so it is a split decision on that one. The people who recommended the Xbox's are serious gamers, so they would probably kick my butt if I tried to play them online. I think I am leaning slightly towards getting the PS4 at the moment. My daughters will probably want to play Minecraft with their cousin who has a playstation, and that is how I will sell the idea to the Mrs. :D

Thank you for all your comments.

The serious gamers will buy both consoles eventually. Personally I'd want the superior hardware and remote play.

9 minutes ago, limpid said:

The serious gamers will buy both consoles eventually. Personally I'd want the superior hardware and remote play.

The friends in question are PC gamers which may be why they favour the Xbox. Although from memory, one of them said a while back that he wanted a PS4, but I think his Wife has in the mean time bought him an XBox for Christmas which he accidently found out about beforehand by opening the parcel that arrived.

As mentioned in my OP, I am a bit outdated with the latest technology on the gaming front so i am kind of getting told different things by different people which is confusing me. So I am probably sounding a bit thick here but is the PS4 the better hardware with remote play?

15 minutes ago, limpid said:

A quick Google for "remote play" would have confirmed that you are correct :) 

I told you, I am a bit thick when it comes to technology :D

5 minutes ago, limpid said:

A quick Google for "remote play" would have confirmed that you are correct :) 

Xbox has remote play too. Just to add that,

But Neil, I'd go where your friends are, I've owned both, the differences between the two are so minimal when you actually use both (and not just read a list of specs).

For me there's two ways to go about choosing, either choose which exclusives you like more, or choose where your friends are. 

• Like 1

I know this thread is mostly for active PS4 owners but if you're like me and not a massive gamer and don't yet own one there are some good deals around today.

I've just picked up a 500gb PS4 with Uncharted (The Nathan Drake Collection)* and FIFA 16 for £249.99 from Argos. 

I'll probably sell on Uncharted as well as it doesn't look like a game i'd really play and pick up GTA V instead.

* Cheers Davkaus

Edited by sexbelowsound

Â