Playstation 4

hogso

I was gonna go XBone but D1 has convinced me to go PS4. What's a decent game or two to start off with? Fifa is a given. Also, that PSTV, will it stream games from one room to another? Have I got that right?

What's a decent game or two to start off with?

Rocket League.

And also Rocket League.

This.

And also this.

If you hurry you can join the VT tournament

I was gonna go XBone but D1 has convinced me to go PS4. What's a decent game or two to start off with? Fifa is a given. Also, that PSTV, will it stream games from one room to another? Have I got that right?

I know you like your Cricket games and I seem to remember the Don Bradman game getting decent reviews.

• 1 month later...

If anyone still has issues with slow download speeds I think I found the answer.

I did a Google and found a reddit thread that solved it for me.

Go to settings>network>set up connection.

Then set every setting as normal apart from mtu, set the mtu to manual and 1473.

Mtu determines the packet size of each download, and is preset at 1500 on the ps4. Most isp's set their limit at 1492 or something similar so you end up with lots of extra almost empty packets which strains the system.

Hope this works for you guys too.

Edited by jjaacckk91

I just bought Madden and my PS4 will not turn on at all. Absolutely no reaction from any button pressed.

My FIFA 15 disc is stuck in there. One of the troubleshooting steps is to manually get the disc out and it might fire up again, but I don't have a small enough screwdriver to turn the manual ejection screw.

This is the worst.

I've only had it for a couple of months so it's under warranty but I really just want to play Madden

Okay so I rang Sony who said they'd replace it in 5-7 days if I mailed the box to them, which is a good result.

I was also able to get my disc out using the tutorial they have on the playstation website when you google "PS4 manual ejection", which apparently doesn't void my warranty which is good news.

I'm away over the weekend, so hopefully it's back before too long. I was so ready for some Madden

Downloaded Xeodrifter on the PS4 last night (it's a PS+ game)

Planned to play 5 minutes before I went to bed. Ended up playing for an hour.

It's an old school platformer really, done in 8 bit style graphics. But it seemed a lot of fun.

Very much reminded me of MegaMan.

Has anyone played or heard much about Mad Max? I know movie games normally aren't great, but lately they seem to have picked it up a notch, in my opinion. The few bits I've seen/read about Mad Max don't look too bad.

I've been looking around for PS4 deals this week, to finally get one, and Argos are selling the 500gb PS4 for £289, with a special offer available to get either Mad Mad for free or MGS for free. I think Mad Max is more up my street..... if it's actually any good.

Has anyone played or heard much about Mad Max? I know movie games normally aren't great, but lately they seem to have picked it up a notch, in my opinion. The few bits I've seen/read about Mad Max don't look too bad.

I've been looking around for PS4 deals this week, to finally get one, and Argos are selling the 500gb PS4 for £289, with a special offer available to get either Mad Mad for free or MGS for free. I think Mad Max is more up my street..... if it's

actually any good.

There was some chat about mad Max in the gaming 2015 thread. 

A few people saying it was or looked decent I think. 

Downloaded Xeodrifter on the PS4 last night (it's a PS+ game)

Planned to play 5 minutes before I went to bed. Ended up playing for an hour.

It's an old school platformer really, done in 8 bit style graphics. But it seemed a lot of fun.

Very much reminded me of MegaMan.

Finished this.

Great little platformer. I'd guess it took me about 6 hours to complete. Maybe slightly less. 

Love games like this.

My only negative on this one was switching gun styles is awkward (you have to go to the pause menu and select a different one). They don't use nearly all of the buttons on the controller so didn't see why they couldn't make R2, for example, switch between guns. Plus, they don't actually tell you that you have a choice of guns, so I was about halfway through the game before I even realised I had a choice.

Well worth a quick playthrough for anyone who wants to try a little retro-style game. Oh and I said it before, very very reminiscent of MegaMan, and I never actually played Metroid, but comments on this youtube video suggest it reminds a lot of people of that too

Edited by Stevo985

• 2 weeks later...

Sony TGS conference - 

PS4 price drop in Japan

Project Morpheus renamed Playstation VR

New faceplates and controller colours (see through is back)

Bloodborne DLC out at the end of november

games - king of fighters 14, kingdom hearts 2.8, yakuza 6, yakuza HD remake, gravity rush 2, assasins creed syndicate DLC, resident evil umbrella corps, gundam, nioh

We were going to get a PS4 this week, but after some pretty torrential rain two days ago, the conservatory roof let in a load of water - whilst insurance will sort out the damage, we don't think they will pay for the work needed (which is a lot, we knew it wasn't great but expected it to hold). So once again, no PS4 for me and Fallout 4 gets closer and closer :(

Â