Playstation 4

hogso

I need more friends who game.

I'd play more GTA V or Dirveclub online but nobody I'm friends with ever plays them (anymore)

All I do with my PS4 at the moment is play storymode on GTA V. And I'm planning to re-play The Last of Us when I'm done with that.

I think I'm starting to move away from the safe blandness off the AAA market and heading towards more unique abstract stuff, I'm quite looking forward to adrift. The indie stuff are all looking more interesting than anything else too me.

I'm in a gaming slump.

I don't think I'm going to buy much this gen, not for a couple of years anyway. Off the top of my head I've got loads to play through on Steam from last gen. Bioshock, Fallout 3, Half Life 2, Metal Gear Solid, Dishonored, Deus Ex, loads more. It would take me years to finish all those.

Yep, it's pretty uninspiring in terms of titles. I'm really looking forward to the new Silent Hill and Metal Gear games, other than that, there's not a lot on my radar. I've enjoyed GTA 5 and the Resident Evil HD remake immensely, and am currently hooked on PES, other than that I have Last Of Us to play, which should be good from all accounts. But yeah, developers need to pull their fingers out, I really want some amazing exclusives to come out for the PS4, otherwise, what's the point? Once upon a time the big consoles had great exclusive titles, nowadays there seems to be more of a trend toward some kind of 'centre' ground.

to be fair there have been some games, just 7/10 games rather than blockbusters, dying light, evolve, evil within, destiny, far cry 4, killzone, infamous

then a couple of solid 8/10 or 9/10 games like shadow of mordor, dragon age, DMC

there just hasnt been that game that properly says next gen is here and you need to play this, if its not bloodbourne then its going to be a multiplat, either FF or MGS

there just hasnt been that game that properly says next gen is here and you need to play this, if its not persona 5 I'm chucking everything in the bin

Fixed

to be fair there have been some games, just 7/10 games rather than blockbusters, dying light, evolve, evil within, destiny, far cry 4, killzone, infamous

then a couple of solid 8/10 or 9/10 games like shadow of mordor, dragon age, DMC

there just hasnt been that game that properly says next gen is here and you need to play this, if its not bloodbourne then its going to be a multiplat, either FF or MGS

I wouldn't even call Evolve, Evil Within, Destiny or Killzone 7/10's. 4/5/6's.

I'd really only say Dragon Age and Wolfenstein stand out the rest is pretty much what we've seen for the last 4 years. Forza Horizon 2 and Sunset Overdrive were good, but not PS4

I'm in a gaming slump too, I think lots of people are since the start to this next generation has been wildly uninspiring, but I am really looking forward to Bloodborne and Arkham Knight in particular.

I'm also really looking forward to playing Dark Souls 2 on PS4, despite the fact I know that game inside out. I've decided I'm going to get Persona 5 too and finally play one of those games. I'd really love it if they did another game in the same vein as Catherine too. That was an absolute gem of a game on PS3.

I got the ps4 solely for bloodborne and I have to say, I absolutely love the ps4. The interface is so simple and beautiful. It was so easy to use and I have yet to have an issue with the console freezing or lagging as I have had a few times with the xbox one. Getting into a party with my friend was so simple and instantaneous. Graphics are great for bloodborne and I like how the controller is chargeable. Buying batteries gets expensive after a while.  

I've said before that whilst I agree the charge on the controller is poor, I don't really see why people complain about it.

With the ability of the PS4 to charge the controllers when it's in rest mode, all you need to do is plug the controller in whenever you're not using the PS4 and you'll never have to charge it while you're playing unless you play for about 10 hours straight.

unless you play for about 10 hours straight.

:ph34r:

i have been recently anyway, was doing 5/6 hour sessions on far cry 4 every other day and some proper sessions at the weekend, dont seem to be able to do half hour or hour long blasts anymore, probably use my ps4 for netflix more than gaming at the moment

the controller doesnt bother me, just think in general the charge could be better and the developers could utilise it more

Yeah the charge could be better, but when you consider how much more stuff is in a controller these days it's no real surprise.

All I meant was I don't really see the problem when it's so easy to charge a controller without the PS4 being turned on.

There are exceptions of course ;)

Pro tip, plug your phone charger into you ps4 controller (if you have usb chargers, you can unplug the usb from the socket plug, plug your ps4 wire in and play away and nostalge about the days which you required a hard wire controller.)

Â