Playstation 4

hogso

We were going to get a PS4 this week, but after some pretty torrential rain two days ago, the conservatory roof let in a load of water - whilst insurance will sort out the damage, we don't think they will pay for the work needed (which is a lot, we knew it wasn't great but expected it to hold). So once again, no PS4 for me and Fallout 4 gets closer and closer :(

Hang fire anyway.  There has been a hardware revision and I'm not sure how well spread out they are in shops just yet. 

My PS4 (white "Destiny" version) is incredibly loud when the fans are firing and this hardware revision seems to greatly reduce the noise.  I tend to play with headphones on (the official wireless ones are lovely) but I really notice it when I'm not wearing them.  The "C Chassis" model will definitely have a different serial number to the launch version, I'd definitely look for that one. 

Edited by The_Rev

Sony TGS conference -

PS4 price drop in Japan

Project Morpheus renamed Playstation VR

New faceplates and controller colours (see through is back)

Bloodborne DLC out at the end of november

games - king of fighters 14, kingdom hearts 2.8, yakuza 6, yakuza HD remake, gravity rush 2, assasins creed syndicate DLC, resident evil umbrella corps, gundam, nioh

I honestly thought Kingdom Hearts 2.8 was a joke when I first heard the title. Danganronpa 3 on PS4 (aswell as Vita) is great news too.

it sounds like they've been drip feeding bits of the game as HD remakes over there but i havent seen anything here, its full title is kingdom hearts 2.8 final chapter prologue and apparently is 3 games tied up

kingdom hearts dream drop, kingdom hearts X back cover, kingdom hearts 0.2 birth by sleep a fragmentary passage

none of them mean anything to me

• 2 weeks later...

Really want to get more into online gaming on PS4 but everytime I try on gta or battlefield I either get put with a bunch of mouthy kids or other people who don't know what they are doing so it gets a bit boring after a while. Any one still play gta online or battlefield? 

• Like 1

I've swapped out the original hard drive in my PS4,  can I put it in my ps3 as that drive is nearly full now! 

If you format it correctly (FAT32) then yes.  Might be an idea to put the PS3 firmware on a USB stick too.  I'm sure you can find a tutorial on YouTube.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

yVHyuOf.jpg

The superb official PS4 wireless headset is down to £49.99 pretty much everywhere (I checked Argos, Amazon & Game) and it's an absolute steal at that price.  It's a stereo wireless headset with software emulated 7.1 surround for PS4 games which works very well indeed and it's got a built in mic for online chat. I paid £80 for mine when I bought my PS4 a year ago and liked it so much I bought my nephew one for Xmas last year.

Highly recommended at £80 and at £50 you'd be mad to pass up on it. 

• Like 1

You should, it's night and day.  They recharge via USB so you don't need batteries and the sound quality is excellent too, miles better than the speakers on any television.  The surround effect isn't quite what you'd get with a dedicated 5.1 or 7.1 setup but in my experience if you play FPS where positional audio is important then headphones are better than 5.1 anyway as it's easier to hear enemy footsteps and software these days is so good you can generally tell which direction it's coming from even with a 2.0 stereo setup.  There absolutely are better headphones on the market but you would be paying at least an extra £100 for them and you'd probably be dicking around with wires and have a far less elegant voice comms setup too.  £50 is a steal. 

Edited by The_Rev
  • Like 1

Â