Playstation 4

hogso

1st review I've seen leak was from a French magazine, 15/20, and everyone is going nuts about it, seems like so many people want it to fail

The breakdown of the scores was gameplay 4/5, graphics 5/5, music 4/5, replay value 2/5

Far too much is being made out of the time it takes to complete, especially seeing as I'm guessing here (Pete?) reviewers will put it on easy and purposely smash their way through it

A bloke on neogaf has measured, to the second, roughly, the split of gameplay to cutscenes and QTEs in the Order 1886.

His numbers bring it to be 57% gameplay, 40% cutscenes, and 3% QTEs, over a 5hr30 total play time.

Apart from looking pretty I'm not sure what the hype was based on work this game. It always just looked like GoW mixed with Underworld in a Victorian setting.

I'm guessing here (Pete?) reviewers will put it on easy and purposely smash their way through it

Tends to be the case for initial play through, then revisit completed levels on a harder difficulty when possible. You've rumbled us :lol:

1st review I've seen leak was from a French magazine, 15/20, and everyone is going nuts about it, seems like so many people want it to fail

The breakdown of the scores was gameplay 4/5, graphics 5/5, music 4/5, replay value 2/5

Far too much is being made out of the time it takes to complete, especially seeing as I'm guessing here (Pete?) reviewers will put it on easy and purposely smash their way through it

It does matter though, if you're paying £40 for a single player game like Shadow of Mordor or Wolfenstein there is a good 12-18 hours there depending on how thorough you want to be. When you've got a game that is about as long as CoD's with no online it's not great value unless you plan to trade it in within a few weeks.

A bloke on neogaf has measured, to the second, roughly, the split of gameplay to cutscenes and QTEs in the Order 1886.

His numbers bring it to be 57% gameplay, 40% cutscenes, and 3% QTEs, over a 5hr30 total play time.

Apart from looking pretty I'm not sure what the hype was based on work this game. It always just looked like GoW mixed with Underworld in a Victorian setting.

I'm not sure why The Order got so hyped either. It always looked shit gameplay-wise. The review reception is pretty much on par with what I expected it to get.

I'm actually getting pretty sick of these AAA game devs and publishers throwing this crap out the door at us, thinking pretty looks will win us over. It's happened with pretty much every exclusive so far this generation. They've all been dressed up dogshit. The only thing I'm holding out hope for is Bloodborne based entirely on the pedigree behind it and nothing more.

Edited by Sie

I'm not sure why The Order got so hyped either. It always looked shit gameplay-wise. The review reception is pretty much on par with what I expected it to get.

I'm actually getting pretty sick of these AAA game devs and publishers throwing this crap out the door at us, thinking pretty looks will win us over. It's happened with pretty much every exclusive so far this generation. They've all been dressed up dogshit. The only thing I'm holding out hope for is Bloodborne based entirely on the pedigree behind it and nothing more.

It's what happens with exclusives. There hasn't been a real stand out game yet even something like Drive Club gets the big sell.

Reviews make it sound like a full price Telltale game without the charm.

Why is this console so expensive? It's considerably more than the xbox one. I could buy a game and a meal with the difference. I really want this system, but why haven't ps4 adjusted their price to match the xbox? 

It's still outselling it over most of the world so I assume they're not worried.

Why is this console so expensive? It's considerably more than the xbox one. I could buy a game and a meal with the difference. I really want this system, but why haven't ps4 adjusted their price to match the xbox? 

It's still outselling it over most of the world so I assume they're not worried.

Which I don't understand. It costs more, and I don't see any real feature that would convince someone to purchase the ps4 instead of the xbox one. You'd think that the considerably cheaper console would be the more sought after one especially if they are nearly identical now.

One redeeming factor for playstation was that the ps network was free, but they took that away. 

Which I don't understand. It costs more, and I don't see any real feature that would convince someone to purchase the ps4 instead of the xbox one. You'd think that the considerably cheaper console would be the more sought after one especially if they are nearly identical now.

One redeeming factor for playstation was that the ps network was free, but they took that away. 

Why do you really want a PS4?

Why do you really want a PS4?

Bloodborne

disagree about there being no real features that put it ahead of the xbone

- PS4 has a higher spec

- they are indie games which a lot of people dont like but there are at a guess more games on ps4

- playstation plus, despite it all being indie games, is still miles better than free with xbox

- playstation now, playstation tv (which i think in the states at least is now free with a PS4 and PSN+ 12 month package) project morpheus

- remote play, the reason i love my ps4, both on my vita and psTV, its great

- the 1 disc online multiplayer thing, which i think at the start blew people away

personally ive got no interest in kinect or any of the tv features that xbone offers

all that said i still think the PS4 is benefiting from that E3 showing, microsoft got it so wrong

Â