Playstation 4

hogso

disagree about there being no real features that put it ahead of the xbone

- PS4 has a higher spec

- they are indie games which a lot of people dont like but there are at a guess more games on ps4

- playstation plus, despite it all being indie games, is still miles better than free with xbox

- playstation now, playstation tv (which i think in the states at least is now free with a PS4 and PSN+ 12 month package) project morpheus

- remote play, the reason i love my ps4, both on my vita and psTV, its great

- the 1 disc online multiplayer thing, which i think at the start blew people away

personally ive got no interest in kinect or any of the tv features that xbone offers

all that said i still think the PS4 is benefiting from that E3 showing, microsoft got it so wrong

As someone who's had both consoles I think I could very easily write a list of features that are better on Xbox tbh. 

yeah you could, but like i said at that E3 sony managed to make all of those features seem mind blowingly amazing, whereas microsoft seemed to make all of theirs seem either pointless, expensive or something you didnt want but had no choice over

not all of sonys stuff works, playstation tv as a device for anything other than remote play isnt very good, playstation now at the moment IMO isnt as good as it could be, you'd do well to convince me morpheus is the future of gaming

at a very basic level microsoft went jack of all trades whereas sony sold the playstation as a great gaming console and it really really worked, especially in america, the reality is the playstation still hasnt got going yet and probably wont until bloodborne, they've had 2 decent exclusives and 2/3 pretty poor ones, the best game by a distance is a remastered ps3 game

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

I think it is mostly down to how bad Microsoft got its launch. The funny thing is Xbox has made huge steps in the last year, the UI has come together and it's constantly improving while PS4 has all the same problems it's had since launch, and it still outsells.

- PS4 has a higher spec

- they are indie games which a lot of people dont like but there are at a guess more games on ps4

- playstation plus, despite it all being indie games, is still miles better than free with xbox

- playstation now, playstation tv (which i think in the states at least is now free with a PS4 and PSN+ 12 month package) project morpheus

- the 1 disc online multiplayer thing, which i think at the start blew people away

personally ive got no interest in kinect or any of the tv features that xbone offers

all that said i still think the PS4 is benefiting from that E3 showing, microsoft got it so wrong

As someone who's had both consoles I think I could very easily write a list of features that are better on Xbox tbh. 

Would you recommend the ps4?

- PS4 has a higher spec

Would you recommend the ps4?

Yup! It's a great gaming console. I'd also recommend the Xbox too though as I think it's also a great console! So my opinion doesn't really hold much weight I guess.

But, I've said it before and I'll say it again, if you're trying to choose between the two then go where your friends are. The gap between the two currently isn't all that big. PS4 probably has untapped power, Xbox has DX12 coming out soon, so both will improve over the next year or two.

If you have no friends who game, go to the console which has more exclusives that hold your interest :thumb: 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

As things stand, I couldn't recommend the PS4 over the Xbox One. The PS4 had a fantastic start, has the tech on its side and didn't screw the pooch during its unveiling, BUT Sony have dropped the ball big time over the past 6-8 months. Exclusives are few and far between, and the performance gap between the PS4 and Xbox One versions of multi-platform games has all but disappeared. MS has got some pretty tasty titles coming out over the remainder of the year, but Sony's only really got Bloodborne this year, now that Uncharted has been delayed, and that's out next week. It's all swings and roundabouts, and it'll be PS4 ahead for me again at some stage, but right now it's firmly in my "avoid until after E3" list

Coming shortly but only for windows phone/surface/windows

So while one division of Microsoft is making sure that everything they do runs on Android, another division is developing new stuff which doesn't. Typical Microsoft.

The wii u is the only must have at moment

Not with the unconventional control system it's not for me, the wii, wii u, play, kinect, none of it interests me in the slightest

There's nothing unconventional about it at all for the games I play to be honest. I use the pro controller almost exclusively

Coming shortly but only for windows phone/surface/windows

So while one division of Microsoft is making sure that everything they do runs on Android, another division is developing new stuff which doesn't. Typical Microsoft.

It's the "big selling point" for W10 for gamers. I'd imagine they'll roll it out on Android afterwards, but for the moment it's their big push for the new OS

Was just thinking the other day that there are no games on the PS4 that have made me think 'I must have this'. Watch Dogs got boring after about 6 hours, Far Cry 4 was too formulaic and similar to Far Cry 3. Hopefully Bloodborne will be good and I will be picking up Dark Souls Scholar of the First Sin because I love DS2

I think the last of us ticks that box, can imagine a lot of 360 converts loving that, and even if you had it on ps3 it's still amazing enough to replay it

Sad state of affairs that the best 3 next gen games are currently TLoU, GTAV and sunset overdrive

I think it says a lot that Abe's oddessy(new and tasty) was probably the most fun I've had gaming in months. And its basically a 15 year old side scroller with updated graphics.

Most new games I've played recently haven't felt like a new game, its just the same games with different names.

The gaming industry is stagnant maaan.

• Like 1

Yeah, I've just looked at my stack of games and apart from driveclub which no one else likes, none of them feel next gen or exciting.

Watching the missus play dying light at the mo and while it's quite decent it isn't amazing.

Roll on No Mans Sky.

Edited by Ingram85

Â