Jimzk5

Having watched tonights game and their Fulham game.....its clear to me we have take our game to them, much like Fulham did.

Stand off like Leeds, you are dead....simple.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Having watched tonights game and their Fulham game.....its clear to me we have take our game to them, much like Fulham did.

Stand off like Leeds, you are dead....simple.

At home in front of a 40k crowd I can't see us doing anything other than taking our game to them.

The last time they played a team in the kind of form we are they lost and I see no reason for us not to be able to do the same.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

What are VT's thoughts on Wolves transfer dealings?

I'm familiar with what's happened to an extent, but am unaware as to why it's an issue.

I’d go back a couple of pages mate, I think it gives a fairly reasonable overview of the thoughts on here.

I’ll say one thing, I’ve seen a fair few excel bar charts and line graphs doing the rounds this week, trying to explain the fiscal side of it all. Never knew so many accountants supported Wolves ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shropshire Lad said:

I’d go back a couple of pages mate, I think it gives a fairly reasonable overview of the thoughts on here.

I’ll say one thing, I’ve seen a fair few excel bar charts and line graphs doing the rounds this week, trying to explain the fiscal side of it all. Never knew so many accountants supported Wolves ;)

Thanks champ. Some interesting reading.

From my perspective, it would seem like there's good reason to question the integrity of their setup.

Maybe nothing will come of it, but if someone is potentially illegitimatey gaming the system an investigation is due.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, A'Villan said:

I'm familiar with what's happened to an extent, but am unaware as to why it's an issue.

Nothing "wrong" with it other than i dont think its sustainable, the idea that neves will stay if a top 4s bench comes calling is bollocks and eventually the conveyor belt will kick out a summer of nzogbia and hutton and it will get interesting

The thing being their owners will make a profit on their signings so the model they are using is a good one so far 

These are the games grealish thrives on. If he performs to his best the dingles will find it tough. Come in let’s smash em!!

As for Leeds can’t believe the owner has openly critised them in public but let’s hope if there has been foul play they are punished.

So Leeds is complaining football isn't fair :D

That's cute.

Extra funny considering their last owner also owned Brescia in Italy and has twice been convicted of fraud.

And even more so with their history of spending money they never had to reach the CL semi finals back in 01. Was that fair?

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

One for the 'Game's Gone' thread. Chanting the name of a **** football agent. They have no shame.

It’s clearly an ironic chant based on the call for an investigation and attacks from other clubs. that should be clear. 

Its true we don’t have a lot of shame this season. 

8 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Thanks champ. Some interesting reading.

From my perspective, it would seem like there's good reason to question the integrity of their setup.

Maybe nothing will come of it, but if someone is potentially illegitimatey gaming the system an investigation is due.

For what it’s worth, I think nothing will come of this. Maybe a slap on the wrist in the summer after promotion.

I know Mendes has been involved before this season, but I think it’s fair to say his presence has been more keenly felt this season. Unless Lambert is one of his clients on the sly. His influence is much more apparent this season.

Mendes has a load of Wolves players on his books, he has the manager on his books, the club have a shares in his company, he’s described as an “advisor” to the club. If there’s no issue there, then fair play Wolves, you’ve had a great season. 

But if that’s not considered unethical, third party conflict of interest, etc - then what precisely is considered a conflict of interest?

Oh and a small personal gripe of mine, we’re not “jealous”. We can be envious, but we can’t be jealous.

Edited by Shropshire Lad

11 hours ago, A'Villan said:

My view a few months ago... 

Potentially breaching two regulations, U6 and U18, which forbid third-party player involvement from potentially influencing events at the destination club. 

Regulation U6 states: "No person may either directly or indirectly be involved in or have any power to determine or influence the management or administration of more than one club." Regulation U18 reads: "No club shall enter into a contract which enables any other party to that contract to require the ability materially to influence its policies or the performance of its teams in league matches."  

Or breach of rule B13, which states, 'In all matters and transactions relating to the League each club shall behave towards each other club and the League with the utmost good faith'. 

Or has there been agreements in relation to both these transfers that enabled third parties to acquire the ability materially to influence the club's policies and/or the performance of its teams in League matches and/or the competitions set out in Rule E10 and constitutes a breach of rule U18."  

My view of late... 

On 06/03/2018 at 18:42, Kingman said:

Owners have invested in the agent and club so they do have a interconnected financial interest in both club and the agent, both of these having a financial interest in the final outcome is Not within the laws of the game.

Bit of a difference of having a preferred supplier and a financial interest in a preferred supplier.   

Not Allowed! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

But if that’s not considered unethical, third party conflict of interest, etc - then what precisely is considered a conflict of interest?

Oh and a small personal gripe of mine, we’re not “jealous”. We can be envious, but we can’t be jealous.

Personally, I think this is just the way football is these days.

Before Xia came to us, a lot of fans were hoping for an oil rich owner such as those at Man City so we could just buy our way up the leagues.  No-one really cares for sustainability or development these days - it’s all about instantaneous gratification. That is true of our authorities too. 

I think Wolves’ setup is dodgy, but so what? I think many other football clubs have dodgy setups too. Hell, The F.A. are even smooching up to the Qatari authorities. Money rules, **** everything else. That’s English Football these days. If you’re a poor club that no-one cares about, you’ll get **** over (see: Luton and relegation plus fine plus 30 point deduction). If you have influence/power/money, you’ll be fine.

So, fair play to Wolves. Their soul is owned by Jorge Mendes. But they’ll win the Championship and get into the money league. And that’s all we all want, for whatever reason. We all want to be a soulless football club fighting for 7th place in the Premier League. 

• Like 3

Don't think this is just sour grapes - those making the complaints have run English football clubs longer than Fosun and Mendes and know precisely what the rules are. Could get interesting.  

Â