Jimzk5

11 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Let's not kid ourselves, Wolves are still a fantastic team. Did you see how they made Leeds look at their own home ground?

We played very well against Wolves, but the match was tough. I just don't see Wolves dropping many points with their remaining fixtures. We should be focusing on Cardiff and Fulham. If Wolves mess up, then that is just an added bonus, but at this point, there is no reason to think they won't win the title. 

Let's see, they've been in very poor form over the past 6 games and this would have been a very crushing defeat. It's also possible that we showed something of a blueprint as to how to stop them playing.

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Let's see, they've been in very poor form over the past 6 games and this would have been a very crushing defeat. It's also possible that we showed something of a blueprint as to how to stop them playing.

Those are valid points, but they've dropped points recently against a red hot Fulham team, us who played against Wolves fantastically, and Preston who are pushing hard for a playoff spot. 

Basically most of their poor results were against top half teams in good form. Their remaining fixtures are against bottom half clubs. I'm not optimistic. 

4 hours ago, Czechlad said:

One step at a time. We need to focus on getting above Cardiff first and foremost. 

We can only focus on winning the next game.

Just now, PieFacE said:

I still think they will win the league quite comfortably.

I really can't say you are wrong......but their form suggests a whole different view.

I would not be Surprised to see Cardiff and Villa go up automatically.

right now is not a time to be having wobbles and Wolves form table is Not impressive.

we all know what has been done thats the league table........The form table is more up to date with the mood.

This is going to be very interesting.

6 hours ago, Czechlad said:

One step at a time. We need to focus on getting above Cardiff first and foremost. 

Agreed it's been a massive struggle to get above them. We have a big chance in the next 5 games with their fixtures.

Wolves are still 7 clear of us so three game swing and yes their fixture list is pretty easy. 5 wins would do it for them so they can afford a few more draws and the odd defeat.

6 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

21st April?

The season finished early back in 2002, didn’t it? 

The World cup was earlier that year, started in late May to avoid the Japan Monsoon season.

I think West Brom won 7/8 last 1-0 (Megson era) and Wolves completely bottled it and then lost in the play offs. They did go up the next year though.

• Thanks 1

BBC reports about leeds owner writing to EFL,FA,Premier League over wolves Mendes link.The owner wants clarification about the rules because if its legal he wants to do the same thing i think that is fair. I dont think those institutions will like if everyone build teams like that and maybe they can punish wolves to show other owners that its not ok.

• Like 3

Edit: article removed. I apologise for not following the guidelines. :cheers: You’ve all heard of the BBC so I’m sure you can find it yourself.

Edited by Rob182
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rob182 said:

Radrizzani said he was advised by his lawyer to sell his share in an agency in Italy when he started the process of buying Leeds from previous owner Massimo Cellino, with the takeover completed in May 2017.

"I did because obviously there is a conflict of interest and I always pay attention to staying within the rules," he added.

The FA's rules on third-party ownership state: "No club may enter into an agreement which enables any party, other than the club itself, to influence materially the club's policies or the performance of its teams or players in matches and/or competitions."

Since Fosun took over in 2016, it has been understood that Mendes assists Wolves only in an advisory capacity and the club do not believe they have broken any rules.

'Attention, not pressure'

Wolves chairman Jeff Shi said criticism of the club's link to Jorge Mendes is "laughable"

As I said earlier, this is the important part - nothing to do with OTT spending (which we have also done).  It's very cleverly worded by Radrizzani and very pointed at the authorities too - particularly as he was advised by a lawyer to sell his shares in an agency.

Wolves' setup is clearly dodgy.  It's obvious because a subsidiary of their owners company has a share in Mendes' agency which, in turn, has many clients at the club.  I don't anything will happen based on that, though, which is why their chairman has come out with the "I admit I'm a dodgy ****" comment of it's "laughable".  He knows it's dodgy, we know it's dodgy, but the third-party link to Fosun and Mendes can be argued as not having direct influence... even though it is.

That said, I hope they get **** over for it.  It would be utterly hilarious.

Wolves are a good side, which made the win even sweeter on Saturday. We **** annihilated them. Still expect them to finish top barring them totally collapsing (which is possible I suppose, they've done the same in 2002 and a heavy beating on Saturday may well damage morale..). First and foremost we need to concentrate on overhauling Cardiff. If Wolves continue to falter then even better :D 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

As I said earlier, this is the important part - nothing to do with OTT spending (which we have also done).  It's very cleverly worded by Radrizzani and very pointed at the authorities too - particularly as he was advised by a lawyer to sell his shares in an agency.

I get the impression that a character like Radish-zani cooked up a similar anti-FFP plan himself previously, but had to rule it out on legal advice - hence why he's bemused to see Wolves doing it. Like you say, it's well worded, he's basically saying if you do nothing then expect every other club to do this - it could get ludicrous. Hopefully we'll be well clear of the league by then. 

• Like 1

As a Leeds fan i was utterly horrified by his tweet just after the wolves game.

It came across so badly to everyone, came across as bitter and angry. At least now he has explained his point of view, and he has made a good point. He was advised to sell his shares before buying us as it was the legal thing to do (or so he understood it). So i imagine what has happened at Wolves has upset him, because Radz does have the connections to do similar. 

Perfectly within his rights to ask the EFl questions imo.

If Wolves have done nothing wrong as a Leeds fan i hope he uses his extensive connections to take us up :D

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Apparently premier league clubs are split on what is happening at wolves 

I assume the top clubs dont care. Its the clubs who do nothing but make up the numbers  like West Ham, West Brom and Southampton who would be terrified

32 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I assume the top clubs dont care. Its the clubs who do nothing but make up the numbers  like West Ham, West Brom and Southampton who would be terrified

You might be right, but if it means wolves getting players like neves for peanuts then a club like united and then united having to pay double later on, eventually it will have a impact on them.

• Like 1

Â