Jimzk5

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

You might be right, but if it means wolves getting players like neves for peanuts then a club like united and then united having to pay double later on, eventually it will have a impact on them.

or it means United can watch him in action and know he can make a step up instead of taking the initial risk themself. as said before MEndes connections at top clubs will stop them making a scene

I don't mind banter but some of these Wolves fans are verging on being obsessed with us. Take yesterday before our game they had a Wolves fan phone WM, now is obviously a bit of dimwit as he calls himself Tonka. They had just had a good win against Burton so you would expect he would want to talk about his club.......well he couldn't leave it there could he. He starts have a dig at us and then starts on Grealish. Unbelievable.

I understand that they feel like kids at Xmas after 30 years of being irrelevant but they haven't learned anything from Albion's demise have they.

I bet if you walked into Old Trafford or Anfield or The Emirates and asked the fans to name the biggest club in the Midlands 7 times out of 10 Wolves would probably be 3rd pick after us and the Albion.  I will genuinely enjoy their journey back to obscurity.

I've always liked Wolves to be honest but I am pretty fed up with their banter this season (Jealous really I guess) but I am sick to death of hearing this crappy "Mind the Gap" line.   Still never mind, they are going to be in the Champions League season after next apparently !

22 minutes ago, Hev said:

I've always liked Wolves to be honest but I am pretty fed up with their banter this season (Jealous really I guess) but I am sick to death of hearing this crappy "Mind the Gap" line.   Still never mind, they are going to be in the Champions League season after next apparently !

We're not jealous of Villa, at least I'm not.  I've mentioned in here how I've always liked to see Villa do well, but no, please don't mistake all of this for jealousy.  I'm respectful of Villa's past absolutely, but really, Villa have probably underachieved over their history.

For me, it's touching a nerve and is entertaining as a result.

I have to honest, I was always happy this season to see Villa go up with Wolves, and have no issues with the Villa fans at all, but the way Bruce and Dr Tony, and the chief exec (can't recall his name right now) have acted recently leaves a bad taste.

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

I think he means Villa jealous of Wolves success. 

Ah, that makes sense. Apologies. 

I do feel a bit bad for Villa fans. You’ve had a rough old time, and last season you saw Newcastle bounce straight back with a similar strategy to your own (Champions league winning manager signing proven championship players) and this season you’ve done well, just not quite well enough. 

On top of this, you have Bruce as manager, and I think we all agree he’s ok, but you could probably do better. The whole point of him is that he knows his way to promotion, and without that he’s not looking great, and I think the pressure is getting to him as automatic looks unlikely now. 

Thirdly, if you don’t go up then how much will you be able to invest next year?

still, big club and you’ll only be held down for too long, and who knows, you could still sneak 2nd or win the playoffs. 

All the best. 

32 minutes ago, Andy81 said:

still, big club and you’ll only be held down for too long, and who knows, you could still sneak 2nd or win the playoffs. 

All the best. 

Not much on the investment front IMO, but I don’t think we’d “need” to sell either. This squad is good enough to challenge for promotion (and could’ve/should’ve got closer to automatic this season). 

So, assuming we don’t go up, I’d expect much the same but with a different manager.  

1 hour ago, Andy81 said:

Ah, that makes sense. Apologies. 

I do feel a bit bad for Villa fans. You’ve had a rough old time, and last season you saw Newcastle bounce straight back with a similar strategy to your own (Champions league winning manager signing proven championship players) and this season you’ve done well, just not quite well enough. 

On top of this, you have Bruce as manager, and I think we all agree he’s ok, but you could probably do better. The whole point of him is that he knows his way to promotion, and without that he’s not looking great, and I think the pressure is getting to him as automatic looks unlikely now. 

All the best. 

but you too have been down here some time.

• When we went down, we were in no comparison to Newcastle.... 3 wins all season was a plane crash....and even the best of that lot left.
  • Its not Over yet....but we have left ourselves lot to do.
  • We could probably do better than Bruce....but we have done worse and so have you, when you hit a winning formula its hard to look back and say why was it so hard.....both clubs have had some iify ones( managers) and in some cases the same one.

I think you will do well next season.....just hoping we can join you.

24 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I thought the worst winter would have been a problem for the fancy dan Wolves players ;)

They had a mini sticky patch in fairness, but they got through it. They did do a warm winter break with Nuno himself saying at the time they “need the vitamin d, need the sunshine”. A comment which easily could have be derided but passed by without comment from any detractors as far as I could see.

Personally, I think the winter fixture thing was always more about the increased chance of injuries due to congestion, which they’ve managed to avoid. I wouldn’t say they’ve been lucky in that regard as it sounds like that’s doing them a disservice.

It’s fairer to phrase it that they’ve not had any bad luck on that front.

With regards to our injuries, we have had less than Villa for sure, although Boly was out for some time, our new right back has been out all season, and Jota is now probably out for the rest of the season. 

I think it helps a great deal that our squad is generally young, and the fitness coaches seem to really know what their doing. 

Just after half time for example you see the fitness coaches doing exercises with the first team. I’ve never seen any other club do that. 

Anyway, luck or judgement, it’s working. 

I did mean I was jealous of Wolves this season  yes that is correct and, by the way, have a look what it says under my name "Ladies Team" !!   To be fair my brother in law has been a Wolves ST holder for many years and has seen them down in Div 4 - he has been with my sister since I was 10 so I have always had an affiliation for Wolves.  To be fair he isn't doing all this "mind the gap" crap - but he is enjoying it - don't blame him to be honest.   Wish we could be there too!

19 hours ago, Hev said:

Still never mind, they are going to be in the Champions League season after next apparently !

As soon as they even begin to flirt with it they'll have all their best players purged.  We know only too well.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

As soon as they even begin to flirt with it they'll have all their best players purged.  We know only too well.

The real top top ones, initally yes.

But I don't see why their owners wouldn't try to make Wolves one of their bigger clubs.

Due to the PL money, Watford quickly surpassed Udinese as the side all the better players go to in that cluster of clubs the Pozzo lot own.

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

The real top top ones, initally yes.

But I don't see why their owners wouldn't try to make Wolves one of their bigger clubs.

Due to the PL money, Watford quickly surpassed Udinese as the side all the better players go to in that cluster of clubs the Pozzo lot own.

Problem is, you get on the periphery of the top four then rather than wait a year or two to push on in the side they're in they just take a big pay day to sit on Man City's bench.

3 hours ago, Andy81 said:

With regards to our injuries, we have had less than Villa for sure, although Boly was out for some time, our new right back has been out all season, and Jota is now probably out for the rest of the season. 

I think it helps a great deal that our squad is generally young, and the fitness coaches seem to really know what their doing. 

Just after half time for example you see the fitness coaches doing exercises with the first team. I’ve never seen any other club do that. 

It’s both.

I’m pretty sure the injuries to Green, Grealish (both pretty young) and Terry (young at heart ;)) can be chalked up to bad luck. Ditto our new right back De Laet being injured for basically a year within a minute of buying him last season. 

An example of our judgement being poor perhaps was rushing Kodija back, but then bad luck played it’s part in that too with him being on international duty and aggravating his injury.

4 hours ago, Andy81 said:

Out of interest r.e: fitness, I noticed during our game that Wolves were really intense and up for it for the first half, or possibly part of the second half too, but then faded quite a lot.  Is that how your games have been this season?  Blitzing teams in the first hour and then being able to relax more and retain possession?

Â