Jimzk5

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think nothing at all will happen. Will be too messy for them to sort out at this stage of the season 

Disagree, sort of.

What i think will happen is that the EFL will drag their feet for a couple months until wolves are promoted. 

They will then decide that Wolves have been a bit naughty and slap them with a paltry fine of say £5m.

The EFL look as though they have made a stance and gain a few ££ (even though they bottled making waves this season), Wolves don't give a f##k because they are now in the PL making big bucks. 

See Leicester. 

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Disagree, sort of.

What i think will happen is that the EFL will drag their feet for a couple months until wolves are promoted. 

They will then decide that Wolves have been a bit naughty and slap them with a paltry fine of say £5m.

The EFL look as though they have made a stance and gain a few ££ (even though they bottled making waves this season), Wolves don't give a f##k because they are now in the PL making big bucks. 

See Leicester. 

I think its best not to embarrass ourselves.....If we are vexed, do the same.

Clearly no one is listening to the  hormonal fans on WM last night and tonight as they are quite clear it's just sour grapes, we wouldn't be complaining if they were mid table and Witness is a tit for saying what he said on twitter.........oh and they are going to wear George Mendez masks on Saturday.

I am not quite sure when the became so sensitive bless em. There fixation with us is getting close to Blues fans proportions.

Make no mistake, they are a very good side and on their day probably play the best football of any team in the championship but don't really care about them to be honest, I doubt if I could name more than 6 or 7 of their players. Next season regardless of which league us and they are in I will care even less about them........it's nothing personal, they are just one of those teams that are irrelevant, like Stoke or Bournemouth.

6 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Clearly no one is listening to the  hormonal fans on WM last night and tonight as they are quite clear it's just sour grapes, we wouldn't be complaining if they were mid table and Witness is a tit for saying what he said on twitter.........oh and they are going to wear George Mendez masks on Saturday.

I am not quite sure when the became so sensitive bless em. There fixation with us is getting close to Blues fans proportions.

Make no mistake, they are a very good side and on their day probably play the best football of any team in the championship but don't really care about them to be honest, I doubt if I could name more than 6 or 7 of their players. Next season regardless of which league us and they are in I will care even less about them........it's nothing personal, they are just one of those teams that are irrelevant, like Stoke or Bournemouth.

The best thing we can do do.....is turn it in to a joke and let humour take its natural course.

I hope our lot ignore it and focus on backing our team

Edited by TRO

@TRO You seem almost as bothered about us being involved as the Wolves fans do! All this talk of us embarrassing ourselves/ getting vexed/ being 'snitches' is well wide of the mark, in my opinion.

Any talk of being a 'grass' or 'snitch' is such a backward way of thinking, and whenever those terms are mentioned in a reporting/whistle-blowing situation I just think they're adding to the problem.

If there are serious concerns that rule-breaking has happened, then clubs have all the right in the world to raise those concerns. Whether it be around transfers, club funding, coaching methods, treatment of youth players (an extreme example, obviously), whatever the matter, if someone somewhere feels that they have reasonable grounds to ask questions, then I say let them ask questions. If those questions are viewed as vexatious by the governing bodies, then I'm sure they'll be rightly dismissed.

• Like 3

Nothing to do with FFP. 

It's about the interconnected triangle of the owner's investment in wolves and Mendez, all who have a financal interest in the outcome of Mendez's players. 

3rd party owneship especially one with a financial interst is not allowed. 

Edited by Kingman

I think it could be both - with the Mendez situation being harder to investigate. That Express article says Wolves income this season is effectively going to be about £17mill (last season's income minus the parachute payment they no longer receive), yet they have spent £35m on players, and their wage bill last year was £24m, so probably more expensive this period. That's nearly £60m out, £17m in. Then add the £24m debt hangover from last season. I make that over £60m losses over two seasons - way way off the limits of FFP. 

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2018/03/09/revealed-wolves-spend-67m-in-bid-to-make-the-premier-league/

24 minutes ago, Jareth said:

I think it could be both - with the Mendez situation being harder to investigate. That Express article says Wolves income this season is effectively going to be about £17mill (last season's income minus the parachute payment they no longer receive), yet they have spent £35m on players, and their wage bill last year was £24m, so probably more expensive this period. That's nearly £60m out, £17m in. Then add the £24m debt hangover from last season. I make that over £60m losses over two seasons - way way off the limits of FFP. 

https://www.expressandstar.com/sport/football/wolverhampton-wanderers-fc/2018/03/09/revealed-wolves-spend-67m-in-bid-to-make-the-premier-league/

Jareth, do you realise that debt and losses aren't the same thing? Wolves have had a loss of £23m in 2016/2017 after a profit of £6m in  2015/2016. To fall foul of £39m allowable FFP losses Wolves would need to record a loss of more than £22m in 2017/2018 (£39m-£23m+£6m). They have £10m of  player sales to help balance the books this season, whereas transfer fees can be written off over the life of a players contract. For Example Neves signed for £15m on a 5 year deal is only £3m of costs per season.

6 minutes ago, Baldricks Cunning Plan said:

Jareth, do you realise that debt and losses aren't the same thing? Wolves have had a loss of £23m in 2016/2017 after a profit of £6m in  2015/2016. To fall foul of £39m allowable FFP losses Wolves would need to record a loss of more than £22m in 2017/2018 (£39m-£23m+£6m). They have £10m of  player sales to help balance the books this season, whereas transfer fees can be written off over the life of a players contract. For Example Neves signed for £15m on a 5 year deal is only £3m of costs per season.

Yarp (just about), I am hungover today with far too much spare time (and clearly wrong a fair bit here). Soooo, conservatively transfer fees this season £8 mill, same again from last season's splurge amortised into this season - total £16m, wage bill £24m at least - club income £17m, that's a £23m loss, plus last season's £17m net loss and they're bang on the limit. Oh bugger. What's that Wyness on about then! I'll get me coat. 

3 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Yarp (just about), I am hungover today with far too much spare time (and clearly wrong a fair bit here). Soooo, conservatively transfer fees this season £8 mill, same again from last season's splurge amortised into this season - total £16m, wage bill £24m at least - club income £17m, that's a £23m loss, plus last season's £17m net loss and they're bang on the limit. Oh bugger. What's that Wyness on about then! I'll get me coat. 

It will be close Jareth and I think that the accounts statement released yesterday stated that they are looking at this month by month to remain within the limits, which I believe is pretty much the case with Villa for this season. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rob182 said:

@TRO You seem almost as bothered about us being involved as the Wolves fans do! All this talk of us embarrassing ourselves/ getting vexed/ being 'snitches' is well wide of the mark, in my opinion.

Any talk of being a 'grass' or 'snitch' is such a backward way of thinking, and whenever those terms are mentioned in a reporting/whistle-blowing situation I just think they're adding to the problem.

If there are serious concerns that rule-breaking has happened, then clubs have all the right in the world to raise those concerns. Whether it be around transfers, club funding, coaching methods, treatment of youth players (an extreme example, obviously), whatever the matter, if someone somewhere feels that they have reasonable grounds to ask questions, then I say let them ask questions. If those questions are viewed as vexatious by the governing bodies, then I'm sure they'll be rightly dismissed.

Read Neil Warnocks take on it......sorry, but I agree with him. I am equally sorry that I can't change my mind as a result of your comments.

Fulham and Cardiff do not seem interested and it is the stance i would take.....If I was privately annoyed, I would set out to emulate what Wolves have done and then save my moans for when or if we was pulled up for it.

You suggest an official approach and I am not arguing with it, just saying it may not come across as it should.....I can' t put it any other way, it sounds like sour grapes. It sounds like we are fearful of them and stoking up trouble and thats how it will come across on the terraces.Official complaints is one thing, psychological advantages are another.....we won't win the mind games with these sort of things.

However, my understanding it is Leeds who have raised, the issue....I just hope we don't get involved as i don't think we will win the colloquial argument.

If the EFL want to pursue, let them without our involvement.

Edited by TRO

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Turns out that Wolves are just a bunch of dirty, cynical bastards then.  I expected much more from them.

When they’re not allowed to play, they get a bit nasty. Shades of the Portuguese national side!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Turns out that Wolves are just a bunch of dirty, cynical bastards then.  I expected much more from them.

Yep, that was pretty shocking stuff. The clothesline on Grealish was their prize piece.

Â