Jimzk5

3 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

There was a 20-30 minute period after they scored where we couldn't get near them. Played some really nice football.  

They really did. Yet us and Fulham beat them by a fair margin. They need to be careful to not slip into the madhouse! They are literally one loss away. The form us Fulham and Cardiff  have shown as much as it pains me to mention the second two is stellar. 

Edited by VillaJ100
  • Like 1

The cracks starting to show , be absolutely hilarious if they drop out then lose to Fulham in play offs.

strange they played bonatini ahead of costa as costa caused us some issues. So glad we signed grabban as opposed to afobe. He wa just a big lump.

• Like 1

First half you could see what the fuss was about, they played some lovely football at times.

Second half that all went to pot, even Neves was kicking it out of play under little pressure at the end.

If they go up they certainly need a better keeper than John Ruddy, always thought he was very average at Norwich.

1 hour ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Was surprised to see Costa on the bench. He tore us apart earlier this season so was surprised to see him on the bench. Either way they have looked pretty ordinary from the start of this year. 

That was last season game tore us apart

I don't think teams will fear wolves as much as they have in the past.

They will still win the league but wont be as comfortable as they thought. If they don't get up by automatics it will be one of the biggest bottle jobs in the championship history.

They're not invincible that's for sure. I think there's now a blueprint to beat them, Fulham and then ourselves have shown that. 

They actually look a bit dodgy at the back for league leaders and perhaps a bit complacent. 

That said, there probably aren't many teams with the quality to beat them, even if they do wobble. 

They should still win the league, but wouldn't it be funny if we caught them? Especially after all the 'mind the gap' and winning the champions league nonsense.

If form tables are anything to go by, Wolves are on course to finish 4th. That's if their next 10 results emulate their last 10.

I think they've got way too much quality for that to happen though, they'll turn it on enough to remain top 2.

Got 2 nice home games to help them recover from the dip, they'll be fine and if I'm honest I'd rather they ran away with it, **** warnock and Cardiff, they'll have a bit of confidence thinking they can catch them, that's the last thing we need 

• Like 1

On 3/10/2018 at 21:33, PieFacE said:

There was a 20-30 minute period after they scored where we couldn't get near them. Played some really nice football.  

Yep I was worried.

But credit to us, we defended it very well. I can't remember them creating a real chance in that period.

But I was getting twitchy. Was relieved to see us come out in the second half all guns blazing.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Genie said:

What was their lead at the top at the widest point? It was over 10 points wasn't it?

Not 100% sure, but I think it might have been after they beat Brentford at the start of January.

The table read -

Wolves 61

Derby 49

Cardiff 47

Bristol 47

Villa 44

And just for completion (and because it looks good), points from the games since then for those same teams -

Cardiff 26

Villa 25

Wolves 15

Derby 12

Bristol 11

• Like 3

The thing now is if they pick up a couple of critical injuries. If they want to turn it on with say jota neves and cavaliero out they might struggle. Same with fulham if sessegnon, mitro and cairney get a knock what else do they have? It's a miracle none of them have had an injury this season, although Wolves have had a couple. 

Â