West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

They actually played really well second half so while I still think they'll go down they have more life about them than Fulham, down to having a manager experienced at this level.

I rated Grant at Huddersfield and he's scord today and had one just offside last week. I'd have gone in for him considering Huddersfield sold him for 15m and sent them Davis on season loan.

• Like 1

They haven't won a game yet, but have looked decent in spells, and draws against Brighton, Chelsea, and Burnley aren't bad results, their defeats have come against Southampton, Leicester, and Everton, so three teams that are doing pretty well. It's partly luck that other teams have been poor, but they're doing well not to be in the bottom three considering the fixtures they've had, they're only on one point less than we had after six games last season.

A lot rests on the Fulham game next Monday, win that and suddenly it will be looking like a pretty decent start for them, as presuming that Burnley and Sheffield United lose to Chelsea and Man City, they will go five points clear of the bottom three; but defeat will leave them in the relegation places and without a win in seven.

I think the worry for them is that Sheffield United and Burnley are going to pick up form, if they do hard to see any other teams that They can finish above. They need a few teams like West Ham, Palace, and Newcastle to start dropping points.

Edited by useless

4 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I think 33 points keeps you up this season. 

i wouldnt bet on that m8, last year with us staying up on 35 points, was the lowest 17th place points tally in the last 10 years! (amazing when you think about it).

the 17th placed points tally from last year, going backwards for a decade was: 35, 36, 36, 40, 39, 38, 36, 39, 37, 40. (aka. any other season than last year in the last decade, we would have been down!)

i find it highly unlikely that this year a team could stay up with 33 points.

would be interesting to be proved wrong tho.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MaVilla said:

i wouldnt bet on that m8, last year with us staying up on 35 points, was the lowest 17th place points tally in the last 10 years! (amazing when you think about it).

the 17th placed points tally from last year, going backwards for a decade was: 35, 36, 36, 40, 39, 38, 36, 39, 37, 40. (aka. any other season than last year in the last decade, we would have been down!)

i find it highly unlikely that this year a team could stay up with 33 points.

would be interesting to be proved wrong tho.

Not to say you have not done your research but 17th place could have 50 points but if 18th only got 29 you would still only need 30 to survive!  More interested in what points total 18th had! 

Looking at 2009/10 Burnley went down in 18th with 30 points whilst West Ham in 17th had 35 but really could have survived on 31.  

• Like 1

They're destined for a relegation scrap this season, but judging by their second half performance compared to the overall games of some of the teams below them, I'm hesitating to write them off just yet. They need consistency, and importantly they need Bilic to stick around.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, VillaChris said:

They actually played really well second half so while I still think they'll go down they have more life about them than Fulham, down to having a manager experienced at this level.

I rated Grant at Huddersfield and he's scord today and had one just offside last week. I'd have gone in for him considering Huddersfield sold him for 15m and sent them Davis on season loan.

With Burnley, Sheff United and Fulham around they have a chance. 

14 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I said this to @omariqyChris mate,

That we should go fo Karlan Grant (before baggies bought him) to push Ollie giving him competition upfront. 

At £15mil it really was no brainier.

Edited by Villan4Life
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Zatman said:

70k a week for Hegazi? Its nice that Villa shit negotiating teams of the pst managed to get around the rest of the midlands as well

Must've been one of those who got double wages on promotion like McCormack. They signed him from Egypt didn't they so 35k originally sounds more accurate.

A win today would have put them five points clear of the bottom three and turned what seemed like a pretty bad start into a not so bad one after all, but as it is they're losing 2-0, and have Spurs and Man Utd coming up next.

Â