West Bromwich Albion

R.I.C.O.

26 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He's the best thing about them tbf

I reckon the fans would sack the board and sell the entire squad before wanting hkm out 

Not on their forum their not, they all want him gone hopefully by mutual consent. They won't sack him and that costs money, if he goes by mutual they will want someone who is available as they won't pay compensation. 

Albion have been in poor form all year, from January 1st to the end of the season they didn't even show play-off form, and in the end were lucky to go up automatically, and have now gone seven premier league games without a win. Billic hasn't been doing a brilliant job for a while now, people talked about him being their best chance of survival, but I wasn't sure about that, he's very attack minded, and as Norwich, ourselves before lockdown, and Fulham a few seasons back showed, promoted teams going all out attack doesn't really work, you have to have a strong defence.

I wouldn't be surprised to see them end up with Pearson, his form as Watford last season was very good and he was their assistant manager to Bryan Robson.

But then again it shows how just one game can change perceptoins, for if Albion had have won today they'd be five points clear of safety and no one would questioning Slaven.

1 hour ago, useless said:

A win today would have put them five points clear of the bottom three and turned what seemed like a pretty bad start into a not so bad one after all, but as it is they're losing 2-0, and have Spurs and Man Utd coming up next.

Well the second of those fixtures could be a huge relegation 6 pointer.

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Not on their forum their not, they all want him gone hopefully by mutual consent. They won't sack him and that costs money, if he goes by mutual they will want someone who is available as they won't pay compensation. 

They'd change their tune if Pulis came back.:lol: I honestly wonder if they'd consider that given it's going to be empty stadiums for majority of seasons so any fan protest at decision will be online rather than at the ground.

Bilic did well to get them up as imo the side we beat in the play offs was stronger with Gayle and Rodriguez upfront (and the one we played in that December also had Harvey Barnes in the team).

Was a travesty anyway as Brentford coming up with Leeds would've been far more interesting. WBA so far have been exactly as I expected them to be, f***ing hopeless in all areas.

11 hours ago, VillaChris said:

They'd change their tune if Pulis came back.:lol: I honestly wonder if they'd consider that given it's going to be empty stadiums for majority of seasons so any fan protest at decision will be online rather than at the ground.

Bilic did well to get them up as imo the side we beat in the play offs was stronger with Gayle and Rodriguez upfront (and the one we played in that December also had Harvey Barnes in the team).

Was a travesty anyway as Brentford coming up with Leeds would've been far more interesting. WBA so far have been exactly as I expected them to be, f***ing hopeless in all areas.

I should think Pulis would look at the defenders they've got, and think to himself that he'd be better off not risking his reputation on them.

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

is it?

I agree that in terms of his brand of football then yes its in the gutter but his ability to keep teams up? that record is still in tact

He got sacked at West Brom before he could take them down to be fair. 

13 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He got sacked at West Brom before he could take them down to be fair. 

They were on a terrible run, but it was November and they were still just out of the relegation spots. I don't doubt he'd have kept them up. 

I'd rather never watch Villa than watch us managed by that cynical, cap-wearing anti-football bellend, but he has never been relegated in his career despite working at clubs with very low budgets in the PL. He's done very well at the clubs he's been at, and where he's been sacked, it's been by clubs clubs with ideas above their station, honestly. 

Much like Allardyce, I'm not sure they'd do enough at clubs with a decent budget, but if staying up on a pittance is your club's objective, there aren't many with a better track record. 

Edited by Davkaus

Â