January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

David Beckham will be without a club next month....he says he still wants a "challenge". I'd say keeping Villa up this season is a challenge. He's so rich he'd probably accept a small wage and just donate the money to charity.

He will likely go to an Australian club or PSG if they still want him. The wages that he was offered else where would surpass anything we would offer. Plus Beckham is no longer good enough for the premier league.

Beckham will move wherever his wife want's to move, she ain't gonna wan't to move to Birmingham.

It'll be Australia, Milan, Paris, New York, Tokyo or London...

What about this James Chester fella from Hull? Tiny tiny man for a CB, never heard of him. Is he any good, and is it the way to go?

Apparently, Boro want to take Downing back on loan. To be perfectly honest, I wouldn't mind us trying our hand at that either. We're not in a position to be holding grudges, and he would improve our squad and even add that much coveted experience to it as well.

Wasn't it rumoured that Downing was going to Everton?

I can see him ending up there or even at Fulham although i wouldn't say no to him coming back to us again but would Lambert be interested since he wouldn't fit into our current system?

Wilfred Bony will hopefully complete his transfer to Villa. We could do with his goals and will suit our formation (him and Gabby either side of Benteke.

Defensive midfielder and centre back. Ideally another better left back.

Wilfred Bony will hopefully complete his transfer to Villa. We could do with his goals and will suit our formation (him and Gabby either side of Benteke.

Defensive midfielder and centre back. Ideally another better left back.

I have a feeling Bony is now interesting bigger fish, and would walk into liverpools line up or chelseas bench. Would love him here though.

Anyone old enough to remember when fergie was first at united his team were woeful - he paid big bucks for an ageing Mal donaghy (CB) - He was laughed at, at the time - but Donaghy shored up the defence - results improved. He was dispensed with pretty quickly after that and Bruce and Pallister became established CB'S.

its that type of player I hope we bring in this next window

Anyone old enough to remember when fergie was first at united his team were woeful - he paid big bucks for an ageing Mal donaghy (CB) - He was laughed at, at the time - but Donaghy shored up the defence - results improved. He was dispensed with pretty quickly after that and Bruce and Pallister became established CB'S.

Don't remember him per se...but yes that is the type of signing I would like to see..

The one he shipped out for being Whiteside's drinking buddy wouldn't go a miss either!

I get what you're saying though. While we need quality, especially in midfield, a little bit of know how wouldn't hurt either.

Surely we have such a character in Richard Dunne. Could turn out to be a vital player for us this season strangely enough.

Scott Parker would be a good call.

Mellberg? Not kicked a ball at Villarreal. Or am living in the past way too much.

I would like to see an experienced CB who can hit the ground running, although I dont really see the problem of brining Dunne back in. A steady LB, Naughton??

A decent CM, someone like Parker, McCarthy, Palacios, someone who is going to cost a good 7-10m but knows the Prem and Robbie Keane on loan. That would complient what we already have.

No more up and comings for now.