January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Well, Robbie Keane is kind a like a poor mans Berbatov, but as he's older than Berba i guess he's to old, to expensive and would never move to a team outside London? ;)

I would like us to go for Martin Olsson thou

Surely he isn't the right sort of player for Lambert? I don't think he would fit into the new system, we are clearly going down the 3 in the centre approach, with strikers bring deployed as 'wingers'...

i suspect we're only using strikers are wingers because gabby and andi are in form, and zog and marc are not

...... Need to benefit our team as we continue to move up the table!

You've just criticised a poster for stating that we'd be in 8th position with Berbatov yet you now state we're going to be moving up the table. That's some feat being a hypocritical clairvoyant.

You've just criticised a poster for stating that we'd be in 8th position with Berbatov yet you now state we're going to be moving up the table. That's some feat being a hypocritical clairvoyant.

I think you need to go and read it all again.

I gave an opinion on his opinion other than that I don't know what you're on or where your going with the rest of your comment and I don't really give a shit either.

I think you need to go and read it all again.

I gave an opinion on his opinion other than that I don't know what you're on or where your going with the rest of your comment and I don't really give a shit either.

I just found it very hypocritical of you to criticize someone making a prediction when then you follow and do the same and no one asked you to 'give a shit.'

I just found it very hypocritical of you to criticize someone making a prediction when then you follow and do the same and no one asked you to 'give a shit.'

Sorry to hear that.

I disagreed with an opinion about a premier league sulking plodder that would have offered nothing to this team if we had signed him IMHO.

Hence why I went on to say the comment that we need more signings like we have already made this season because they:

...... Need to benefit our team as we continue to move up the table.

It might all be jibberish to you but some posters I am sure will agree with where I am coming from by making the point I made.

What about Ryan Bennett from Norwich as a centre half? Very good player and only 22.... Lambert bought him to Norwich if i remember rightly, but maybe Norwich would screw us on the fee?

they play Turner and Bassong at centre half so if cant get ahead of them 2. no thanks

I'd say it's time to unsettle WBA

Big bids for Morrison and or Long would be great

Why on earth would either of those to join Villa? The baggies, regardless of being a smaller club, are in fact playing much better football, in a good league position and wont be scrapping with relegation this season. Both will more than likely at some point move to a bigger club than albion but I doubt very much it would be villa. We would look like dicks bidding on either player at the moment when albion would either take the piss with the fee or tell us to piss off.

Why on earth would either of those to join Villa? The baggies, regardless of being a smaller club, are in fact playing much better football, in a good league position and wont be scrapping with relegation this season. Both will more than likely at some point move to a bigger club than albion but I doubt very much it would be villa. We would look like dicks bidding on either player at the moment when albion would either take the piss with the fee or tell us to piss off.

Heard rumours in summer that Long was in talks with Everton but nothing could be agreed...agreed that they would be stupid to join us at the moment...

As for villa signings we desperately need a couple of experienced, quality heads in the middle of the park... People may knock experience over quality but surely the way heads drop once we concede (as shown in last couple of games) shows why we need experience in there...

Heard rumours in summer that Long was in talks with Everton but nothing could be agreed...agreed that they would be stupid to join us at the moment...

As for villa signings we desperately need a couple of experienced, quality heads in the middle of the park... People may knock experience over quality but surely the way heads drop once we concede (as shown in last couple of games) shows why we need experience in there...

We need quality first and foremost.