January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

because of course he wasn't backed at all last summer were we?

He was given a token amount and he's clearly been told to get shot of Bent. He'll probably get 50% of the proceeds to buy more Championship replacements.

In all fairness Richard considering the state we were in I don't consider a 17 mill net spend as any like sufficient backing and so it seems to be proving.

The squad needed numbers but also needed proven quality at this level. The two clearly couldn't be achieved with 17 mill so it seems the proven quality had to be sacrificed. I think the players we signed were decent and many have hopefully not shown/reached anything like there potential but as things stand we are in no position to wait to find out. In January we need 2 or 3 proven quality players at this level who wil hit the ground running much like the signing of Bent in 2011 when we also found ourselves in deep trouble. That kind of proven quality will again cost major money though. I just hope Lerner is again prepared to splash that level of money both in fees and wages.

With the state of our squad, thanks to Lerner's terrible ownership, I think the summer backing was quite pathetic.

It basically was enough to make sure we weren't guaranteed relegation and to at least give us a chance. That's while he was negotiating a $1 billion deal for himself.

While sitting in 18th place are you really going to argue that it was significant backing?

Don't forget the wages.

What top quality players would join us for the money Lowton, Bennett, Westwood and Bowery are on?

And the summer transfers didn't seem to go that smooth with having to apologise to Vlaar and not doing much until west ham and Everton showed us the trouble we were gonna be in.

shopping list

1 full back

1 centre back

1 centre mid destroyer

1 winger

this is a minimum requirement for me otherwise its peterborough away next year

Blimey! I didn't have them down for promotion either especially the position they are in at the minute!

I guess anything can happen in football after all?

You should read the Harry Redknapp wank fest thr.. erm I mean Paul Lambert thread.

Apparently a Candle is going to arrive with a magic wand and take us up the premier league and make everything better!

I wonder if P'Boro have a similar fantasy plan in mind?

milner please

Oh no not this shit again

I only live about half an hour away from Brighton, so really am hoping they get promoted :)

Nice little ground, sunk into the ground almost. Good night out too.

i agree with us needing 4 new players, left centre back, left back, left winger and defensive centre mid (and striker if bent is sold)

but theres no way were going to get 4, may 5 vital players in, in january, 2 maybe, 3 at most so which 2 out of the 5 are most vital?

imo, its centre back and left back

i agree with us needing 4 new players, left centre back, left back, left winger and defensive centre mid (and striker if bent is sold)

but theres no way were going to get 4, may 5 vital players in, in january, 2 maybe, 3 at most so which 2 out of the 5 are most vital?

imo, its centre back and left back

For me most important position cm

think we will hit the loan market for 2 players an experienced defender and midfielder and probably sign 2.

not sure when he is back fit but if around January I could see United loaning out Jones to get fitness and gametime

David Beckham will be without a club next month....he says he still wants a "challenge". I'd say keeping Villa up this season is a challenge. He's so rich he'd probably accept a small wage and just donate the money to charity.