January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Just to throw it out there. Anybody else watch the presser on AVTV??

I'm saying Keane is a done deal in Jan on loan. And yes I'm basing it on Lamberts reaction to the question.

I wouldn't be against it.

Neither would I. Would go as far to say... scored the two goals that won the game, which gave us 3 points to keep us up?

So those that argue lambert will be backed and has a long term plan would be happy with Keane on loan for a few months?

That would suggest lambert isn't getting backed and is looking for a cheap short term fix to help us stay up.

Or both. He can be backed and get in a loan or two.

My opinion is he will be backed strongly again in the transfer market. I saw the presser, not sure Keane is coming (I would welcome him btw), but it is so un-Lambert like I would be surprised.

Keane would be a great start to January's business. He has the experience and quality that will deliver us a few points im sure

Agreed but if we do bring Keane on loan again who is going to be dropped if Bent isn't sold? Secondly will we have to change our system to accommodate him?

Agreed but if we do bring Keane on loan again who is going to be dropped if Bent isn't sold? Secondly will we have to change our system to accommodate him?

Interesting you say this as only a couple of weeks back it was all panic stations because if "Gabby or Benteke" are injured then were ****?

Now your debating what strikers should be dropped?

Compelling reading.

I wouldnt be against Keane in for another short term spell. He;d add another dimension to the attack and we need experienced heads around the place.

A new Defensive Mid who scares the shit out of people is the absolute priority though, we are so lame in that area its untrue.

• Like 1

Interesting you say this as only a couple of weeks back it was all panic stations because if "Gabby or Benteke" are injured then were ****?

Now your debating what strikers should be dropped?

Compelling reading.

Mate if your going to quote me then use the right quotes.

I said if we sold Bent!!! Compelling reading indeed FFS.

Anything to have a **** dig eh!

Well he should be dropped. Week in week out the lad adds nothing

I'd agree the guys inevitably going to always be a bit of a marmite player, but I think he's changed a lot of peoples opinion of him with his workrate and attitude......me included.

As for Keane, I think it would smack of defeat for Lamberts grand plan, but if we're in a similar position come Xmas then we'll take anyone to get us out of the shite and PL will have to bite that particular bullet.

Thing is Ireland plays in such a key position offensively and he has to be weighing in with goals and assists. He doesn't. Robbie Keane always does and influences games, can even change games even now he's getting on a bit. He has much more nous about him if you like.