January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Forget any plans about being self sufficent. Forget anything to do with financial fair play.

Lerner got us into this mess and now he needs to make sure he spends what ever it takes to secure our premiership survival.

I don't care where they come from, their age or their experience just spend the money and offer the wages to get good players down to villa park.

Sadly, any club we do business with will have us over a barrel knowing how desperate we are. Loan moves are the obvious first choice if Lerner is counting his pennies. Otherwise, I hope our Europe scouts have unearthed a few decent players that can jump right in and help.

Forget any plans about being self sufficent. Forget anything to do with financial fair play.

Lerner got us into this mess and now he needs to make sure he spends what ever it takes to secure our premiership survival.

I don't care where they come from, their age or their experience just spend the money and offer the wages to get good players down to villa park.

That could turn nasty and panic buying has never got anyone anywhere.

Why on earth would either of those to join Villa? The baggies, regardless of being a smaller club, are in fact playing much better football, in a good league position and wont be scrapping with relegation this season. Both will more than likely at some point move to a bigger club than albion but I doubt very much it would be villa. We would look like dicks bidding on either player at the moment when albion would either take the piss with the fee or tell us to piss off.

It would be the players telling us to piss of and the days are long gone now that we can cherry pick the best players from other teams in the midlands. Indeed WBA could come calling at our door only they wouldn't want any of our players now.

That could turn nasty and panic buying has never got anyone anywhere.

Hmm I disagree with that a bit, the Bent panic buy was excellent and has paid off handsomely. Even if he never plays another game for us and we sell him for nothing we have more than got our moneys worth. He kept us in the league.

Another panic buy like that would suit me just fine right about now.

We need to prioritize in January. A central midfielder is key, a big nasty bastard would be ideal to give us a bit more bite. I also feel we need a winger with excellent delivery. I actually quite like Gabby down the left but down the right we are weak. Holman, N'Zogbia and Weimann are all very average.

Now that we have Benteke, we could use a genuine winger to put decent balls into the box for the big man to get his head on. Benteke has already scored some good goals for Belgium from excellent crosses. We could use that.

We need 2/3 players for sure. Without them, we could be playing championship football next year.

• Like 1