January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

I agree about the fees but then think of the wages those Newcastle players are on compared to Lowton, Bennett, Westwood and Bowery.

I would imagine ba may well be on the amount all of the ones I mentioned put together.

That's why I really don't blame lambert at all for the players signed. I don't know what more he could have done with the backing he got.

I agree about the fees but then think of the wages those Newcastle players are on compared to Lowton, Bennett, Westwood and Bowery.

I would imagine ba may well be on the amount all of the ones I mentioned put together.

That's why I really don't blame lambert at all for the players signed. I don't know what more he could have done with the backing he got.

Definitely agree about wages. I would imagine all of those players were signed on lower wages than some of the shit MON signed. Hopefully once we've got shot of the high earners who contribute zero (CNZ, Hutton, Warnock) we could hopefully bring in more quality players for the sort of fees and wages Newcastle have been doing.

I like the policy of bringing in young players from the lower leagues and abroad.

I agree that a little more experience mixed in wouldn't go amiss though

Given the situation we found ourselves in at the start of the season only a fool would have expected us to do anything other than find our feet during the first third of the season. I'm absolutely expecting that we will improve dramatically over the next few months as players bed in

Agreed we are struggling at the moment but I for one am proud of the effort and application that I'm seeing and expect it to pay dividends very soon

Given the situation we found ourselves in at the start of the season only a fool would have expected us to do anything other than find our feet during the first third of the season. I'm absolutely expecting that we will improve dramatically over the next few months as players bed in.

And yet anyone who mentioned a relegation battle in the summer were mocked and laughed at. Which seems strange if only a fool didn't expect this.

• Like 2

Given the situation we found ourselves in at the start of the season only a fool would have expected us to do anything other than find our feet during the first third of the season. I'm absolutely expecting that we will improve dramatically over the next few months as players bed in.

And yet anyone who mentioned a relegation battle in the summer were mocked and laughed at. Which seems strange if only a fool didn't expect this.

I can't speak for everyone else but I expected that we would have a rocky start to the season.

I don't however expect us to be in a relegation battle at the end of the season though - I firmly believe that we will look much more comfortable by January and will finish mid-table

Last season under McL I correctly predicted that we would finish 17th - I'm expecting 10th-12th this year

• Like 1

good point on newcastle, and one i absolutely agree with. i also suspect that they are about to be raped and pillaged by the big boys and we could see ben arfa, cabaye and perhaps ba and cisse in different colours by the end of January...

What Pardew did do however, was make a team outperform their individual abilities, which is what we need some of here...

Definitely agree about wages. I would imagine all of those players were signed on lower wages than some of the shit MON signed. Hopefully once we've got shot of the high earners who contribute zero (CNZ, Hutton, Warnock) we could hopefully bring in more quality players for the sort of fees and wages Newcastle have been doing.

By that time we could very well be in the Championship. We don't have time to wait. Quality experienced signings must be made in January irrespective of who we sell!

By that time we could very well be in the Championship. We don't have time to wait. Quality experienced signings must be made in January irrespective of who we sell!

Totally agree. After January there will be no room for dropped points in our mini league

Why are we not going for experienced internationals like Simon Kjaer

He's not happy at Wolfsburg i hope our German Scouts are watching

I think him and Vlaar would make a good partnership from what i seen he had a decent tourny at the Euro's and our last danish defender didn't do too bad did he

I'm sure he would love a crack at the premier league but how much would he cost?

I'd defo go for Martin Olsson from Blackburn as well another experienced international too good for the championship

Why are we not going for experienced internationals like Simon Kjaer

He's not happy at Wolfsburg i hope our German Scouts are watching

I think him and Vlaar would make a good partnership from what i seen he had a decent tourny at the Euro's and our last danish defender didn't do too bad did he

I'm sure he would love a crack at the premier league but how much would he cost?

I'd defo go for Martin Olsson from Blackburn as well another experienced international too good for the championship

Kjaer had a big reputation a couple of yrs ago, and looked good in euros, any idea why he is not in favour at moment? And why his career hasn't hit the heights as expected?

Moyes was at the Molde - Copenhagen game yesterday to se Vegard Forren. Forren played a very good game and I must say he must have the best left foot I've seen on a cb, We need to try to sign this guy ahead of Everton and Fulham, he's gonna be better than Hangeland.

I know for a fact Westwood is on £10k rising to a few more with appearances so i'd say yeah we are sorting it out.

Pretty sure Kjær's quite happy now. It was Magath that wasn't playing him, since he's been sacked Kjær's played every game under Köstner and played very well, hence Wolfsburg's upturn in fortunes.

Make no mistake though, up until this recent patch of good form Kjær has been **** shocking for Wolfsburg.

Pretty sure Kjær's quite happy now. It was Magath that wasn't playing him, since he's been sacked Kjær's played every game under Köstner and played very well, hence Wolfsburg's upturn in fortunes.

Make no mistake though, up until this recent patch of good form Kjær has been **** shocking for Wolfsburg.

Cheers

We really could do with a bit more quality throughout the spine of the team. I'm happy to have a few inexperienced players in creative areas or partnered with experience, but the spine of the team must be solid and dependable. Hopefully selling Bent will bring in enough cash to find a few gems, otherwise it could be a few loan signings and when you are banking on loan players to get you out of the mire, you're in trouble.

I would agree BigJohn.

We've stumbled around a bit so far trying to get our act in order, but of late there have been signs.

If we can add a bit of continental class into the midfield and attacking positions in January then we should pick up some points to see us safe.

You cannot fail to improve the squad for over two seasons and then expect it all to be turned around in a the space of a few months. A long decline needs a long turn around.