January 2013 Transfer Talk

maqroll

Dismissing facts?

Finishing 9th does not mean that relegation was not an issue that year. I'd love to see how you can argue that when like I said we went into the 37th game still not guaranteed safe. Please, put down the lerner USA flag and tell me how that means relegation wasn't an issue or a worry?

Uhm, again you're the first to mention Lerner in this discussion. What's your obsession with him? I mean, he can get criticism for some things he's done, like hiring AML, but you want to bring him up in every thread always criticising him.

Yes, we were cloise to relegation that season but in the ned we finished 9th. But if you wanna call that one close you can't say 3 seasons in a row yet, as we don't know how this season will be in the end. We're 18th now, yes, and we can certainly still be down there come then end of May, but wht if we're in the top half of the table for most of the 2nd part of the season? Then you really can't say 3 seasons in a row, which means you can't say that now. Agreed?

Anyway, back on topic. A strong defensive midfielder is well needed, I think Someone mentioned Frimpong. I haven't seen much of him, but he sounds like a good addition to our squad. I think we'll sign some german talents too. Wouldn't mind that.

Uhm, again you're the first to mention Lerner in this discussion. What's your obsession with him? I mean, he can get criticism for some things he's done, like hiring AML, but you want to bring him up in every thread always criticising him.

Yes, we were cloise to relegation that season but in the ned we finished 9th. But if you wanna call that one close you can't say 3 seasons in a row yet, as we don't know how this season will be in the end. We're 18th now, yes, and we can certainly still be down there come then end of May, but wht if we're in the top half of the table for most of the 2nd part of the season? Then you really can't say 3 seasons in a row, which means you can't say that now. Agreed?

Anyway, back on topic. A strong defensive midfielder is well needed, I think Someone mentioned Frimpong. I haven't seen much of him, but he sounds like a good addition to our squad. I think we'll sign some german talents too. Wouldn't mind that.

Criticising the man in charge, the man who hires managers and controls finances.

Crazy isn't it to actually blame the man in charge of everything. Lets keep making excuses for him and shifting the blame to people with less power and control at the football club. Will that be better?

Anyone know what had happened to Owen Hargreaves since leaving city? Last summer there was obviously those videos of him proving his fitness... If he still has kept up training wouldn't be a bad shout on a 6 month contract... Not to start games, but to have his influence and ability on the team for the last 20 mins would be beneficial, and may help us close out a match.

Criticising the man in charge, the man who hires managers and controls finances.

Crazy isn't it to actually blame the man in charge of everything. Lets keep making excuses for him and shifting the blame to people with less power and control at the football club. Will that be better?

Who made excuses for him? Who mentioned him at all? Apart from you, that is. Could you just not mention him in one single thread about Villa? Except the match threads for games we win, then you're quite quiet about him. You really take it to a ridiculous point.

Am I right in thinking that Frimpong would be off the cards now then, as he played 2 games for Arsenal this season (not sure if these were in the league, or if that matters) and will play for Charlton, and one can't play for more than 2 clubs in a season?

In term of January I would like (IN's) and expect (OUT's) to see the following...

OUT - Given, Hutton, Warnock, Dunne, CNZ, Bent

IN - GK, CB, DM, ACM, Winger, ST

Huge window for us as, unlike Jan 2011 when we signed Bent, we had quality wingers to supply him the chances. Now we basically need a new spine to play alongside the better PL signings so far like Vlaar and Benteke. No idea who though as we are not in a great position to sign experienced Premier League players without throwing a load of money at them.

Possible signings I'd like would be GK (Butland), CB (Dawson), DM (Frimpong), ACM (???), Winger (Ince), ST (Austin).