Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

They’re not cursed. We explained this to you. 

They have a manager who drills his players too hard. It produces excellent results, for about half a season. Then the team collapses. 

it’s happened for the majority of Bielsa’s career. This is the norm for his teams. 

The arse does tend to fall out of his coaching the longer he stays with a team. He's too regimented if anything.

18 minutes ago, useless said:

On December 14th they were beating Cardiff 3-0 at half-time, at that point they were thirteen points ahead of whoever was in third place. The way they're going at the moment they'll be lucky to finish in the top six, never mind top two. On Tuesday they're away to Brentford, and Forest are at home to Charlton, so unless they win that one, they could well find themselves dropping out of the automatic places.

If they lose to Brentford, they could go 5th.

I think they'll get up automatically. Leeds and Brentford or WBA.

Ridiculous domination of every game they play. When Augustin starts, they'll be 2-0 up by 70 mins every game.

I think we're going down, and I don't want to play them any more.

Don't get me wrong, this is all obviously such great fun. Them not getting up and Bielsa deciding to stay back in Argentina will be wonderful.

16 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Ridiculous domination of every game they play. When Augustin starts, they'll be 2-0 up by 70 mins every game.

Don't get me wrong, this is all obviously such great fun. Them not getting up and Bielsa deciding to stay back in Argentina will be wonderful.

I think we are staying up and I don’t think they will be joining us - so agreed on us not playing them but from a more positive place :)

• Thanks 1

On 09/02/2020 at 01:44, Tomaszk said:

Really depends what you mean by "ridiculous domination".  Just possession?  Sure, they keep the ball a lot.  But against Forest, for example, the vast majority of the good chances were created by Forest.  Grabban missed the easiest of the lot with the goal completely wide open but somehow managed to pick out the keeper who was lying on the ground.  It wasn't some plucky 2-0 win - Forest were the better side.  However, they only had 30% possession.

Ultimately, they simply aren't clinical enough.  I reckon their shots to shots on target ratio will be pretty poor.  They're like a reverse Newcastle.

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

Really depends what you mean by "ridiculous domination".  Just possession?  Sure, they keep the ball a lot.  But against Forest, for example, the vast majority of the good chances were created by Forest.  Grabban missed the easiest of the lot with the goal completely wide open but somehow managed to pick out the keeper who was lying on the ground.  It wasn't some plucky 2-0 win - Forest were the better side.  However, they only had 30% possession.

Ultimately, they simply aren't clinical enough.  I reckon their shots to shots on target ratio will be pretty poor.  They're like a reverse Newcastle.

That was hilarious. Keeper had gone so early, and he still hit him.

Forest were brilliant and deserved the win. That was an outlier for Leeds games IMO. Most teams don't make many good chances v them, maybe one a match. Leeds generally have all the ball and make the majority of chances, majority of the time. If they had Grabban, or Dwight Gayle or Rob Earnshaw from years ago, a "good" championship finisher, they would be storming away with the league. Bielsa is a strange dude though who would rather Bamford because reasons.

I will reiterate again that this is very funny and them not getting up will be most amusing.

Huge game tomorrow at Brentford, will be a good watch. Phillips available for Leeds again I think which is massive. Come on the Bees!

• Like 1

Looking on a Leeds a forum, a lot of them seem to think that part of the reason they have so much possession is because it's become a tactic of other teams let them have so much of the ball because they know that Leeds will find it hard to break them down as they haven't got much creativity in their side, especially through the middle. Also not sure if a prolific striker alone would solve their problems, for as much as they dislike him, Bamford as scored twelve goals this season, his average isn't far off one every two games, he's actually the only player to have scored for them in their last five games. Their problem with scoring goals, is that none of the other players are scoring enough, after Bamford their next top scorers are Harrison and Nketiah with five goals, and Nketiah isn't even at the club anymore.

I went to the game Saturday and a lot of Leeds fans feel Bielsa has no plan b. They keep trying to score the perfect goal and have been found out. When they started to actually put some balls in to the box they created a chance.  

It’s the championship. You have to mix it up. They’re going to blow it again if they don’t.

12 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

I know, which is why I hope Leeds stay in the Championship.

yep, leeds are now 51 seasons out and 49 seasons in the top flight, big in the 70s and with gobby fans with typical Yorkshire men mentality doesn't make them a big club

baggies are bigger, maybe Wednesday too

personally id like someone new to have a shot, preston, Brentford etc (**** Bristol)

• Like 2

Â