Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

yep, leeds are now 51 seasons out and 49 seasons in the top flight, big in the 70s and with gobby fans with typical Yorkshire men mentality doesn't make them a big club

baggies are bigger, maybe Wednesday too

personally id like someone new to have a shot, preston, Brentford etc (**** Bristol)

Derby, even Blackburn be bigger arguably Leeds are on same size as blues

I would have them slightly bigger than derby, agree bigger than blues and blackburn

Smaller than forest, baggies and wolves though imo 

Id have Leeds around 15th / 16th biggest in the country above the likes of Watford and Palace from the PL, way above Brighton and Bournemouth 

28 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I would have them slightly bigger than derby, agree bigger than blues and blackburn

Smaller than forest, baggies and wolves though imo 

Id have Leeds around 15th / 16th biggest in the country above the likes of Watford and Palace from the PL, way above Brighton and Bournemouth 

More established than Burnley, Southampton, Norwich, Sheffield United too, for me.

I find the whole discussion pretty bizarre, though.

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

The idea that these big teams make for. A better league is then even more bizarre 

I don’t think many people genuinely think that though, it’s mostly a nostalgia thing or simply wanting clubs you like in the top flight.

As football fans we all have teams, players and managers that we irrationally like/dislike!

Have to say I never used to mind Leeds, didn't particularly like them or dislike them, but then in the summer of 2018 when we were having our financial difficulties just before Xia sold the club, I had a look on Waccoe which is their main forum, and there was an eightly plus page thread with them all getting excited about us going out of existence, and laughing at anyone on this website who expressed an opinion that we might be ok...

Spoiler

'They are f****** deluded on that Villatalk.  Some of them on about spending millions again this summer to have one last go at it. Poor bastards just have no idea whats coming '

'The timing is great, just as we are finally looking likely to mount a serious promotion challenge, one of our top rivals seem to be out of it.'

':lol2: thought they'd eventually get sick of me preaching doom at them! May pop back when they do go tits up and have a laugh at their expense. Of course they may be right.  No firm evidence anything going wrong, keep calm, etc :)'

'Can’t bring myself to post on their forum anymore.  Just too sad.  Mix of those who “still have faith in Tony” or think “we should give him a chance only unproven rumours so far” and others who accept they are knee deep in shit but assume that some white knight buyer will pay whatever Tony wants and clear the debts to save them just because they are Villa.'

':lol::lol: If someone wouldn't come in and save Leeds United, why the f*** would anyone bother with Villa ?'

Those are just a few examples but they have an hundred page thread  called... 'Villa financial meltdown thread'... which is full of such examples

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, useless said:

Have to say I never used to mind Leeds, didn't particularly like them or dislike them, but then in the summer of 2018 when we were having our financial difficulties just before Xia sold the club, I had a look on Waccoe which is their main forum, and there was an eightly plus page thread with them all getting excited about us going out of existence, and laughing at anyone on this website who expressed an opinion that we might be ok...

"thought they'd eventually get sick of me preaching doom at them! May pop back when they do go tits up and have a laugh at their expense. Of course they may be right.  No firm evidence anything going wrong, keep calm, etc"

Those are just a few examples but they have an hundred page thread  called... 'Villa financial meltdown thread'... which is full of such examples

Did this guy come back at all?  Genuinely curious.

(Also, have you signed up for a Leeds forum?)

On 29/08/2019 at 22:47, StewieGriffin said:

Will be bloody hilarious if they blow up in January/February again.

Sadly I dont see the top 6 being as strong as last years, so they'll get away with it

Oi oi ! :)  You been in that time machine again Stewie?

• Like 1

When I first went on there you didn't need a sign-in to view that forum, saw how much they were reveling in our difficulties, after we had our takeover I went to have a look to see what their reaction to that was, but then needed a login to view it, so I made one, have never posted on there, just wanted to see the reaction, and it was mostly them either trying to make out that we weren't being bought and it was just a glorified loan, or them moaning that they've waited twenty years for a billionaire, and then two come along and buy us. I believe that poster, posed on here as 'waccoeonline'... To be honest I don't think for the most part it was anything personal against us, I think for some reason they're just desperate for another big club to 'do a Leeds', and spend years outside the topflight.

Have a feeling that they might win tonight, playing a team that will attack them and have a go, might suit them more. Still in second place, so if they can get back on track then they still have a good chance of getting promoted.

Edited by useless
In other words I made a login to finish reading a thread on us that I'd started reading.
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, StewieGriffin said:

Well, well, well...

Nothing would make me happier (non-Villa wise) than seeing these absolute piss-tramps missing out on automatic promotion, storming through their play off semi and getting every atom of their ferret-loving, flat-cap-wearing, grease-consuming, "MARCHING-ONNN-TUUUGEVVER"-singing, hearts absolutely vapourised at Wembley by a last minute winner by either Forest or Brentford.

**** that club. Absolute gutter-dwellers.

Yes, yes, let the hate flow through you. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Blackburn, wtf.

Nowhere near the size of Leeds, ridiculous comment sorry.

As with everything football related, it depends on the metric you're using.

Until he clears it up, nothing is ridiculous because you dunno what you're comparing.

Leeds are a spectacularly unlikable club. Even their glory period was basically defined by them having a dirty side.

Their ongoing woe is hilarious. They even found the perfect manager for them, a perennial false dawn.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

As with everything football related, it depends on the metric you're using.

Until he clears it up, nothing is ridiculous because you dunno what you're comparing.

I go off a few things, Blackburn have been a more successful club than Leeds in the last 30 years or so. Have probably played in Europe same amount of times. Blackburn have also been in the top flight 25 seasons more than Leeds and would have a bigger fanbase if not surrounded by a lot of clubs including both Manchester teams, Burnley, Bolton etc  and maybe also Liverpool and Everton

• Like 2

Â