Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

They could lose 10-0. Doesn't change the fact they are still 7 points ahead of 3rd place

No, it wouldn't. Shows that anyone can beat them though. Cardiff really have not been great today. 

Btw their next game is Fulham so if they lose that it's 4 points.

Edited by Sam-AVFC

Same with the baggies, it's a case to be made when they spout bollocks that villa are shit, we're going down, they're coming up, they won't be spending £140m and they'll be straight up the top end of the PL table

They're both good championship teams but neither of them are destroying it ala Newcastle or Wolves, both will have a very hard time of it next season

And Leeds play really high intensity football so will be hugely susceptible to injury during the fixture congestion.

I can go back and forth all day if you want, but I think I'll wait for the Fulham game.

I don't really care either way. I always quite wanted Leeds to get promoted again until their online fanbase became obsessed with us.

• Like 1

Seven points lead at the top of the championship is nothing, that kind of lead can disappear within a couple of weeks. It's not like the premier league where teams at the top of the table hardly lose a game, in the championship anyone can beat anyone and midtable and lower table teams beating those at the top is much less of a rarer thing, this season Leeds have been beaten by all of Wigan, QPR, Wednesday, Millwall, Charlton for example, and have also drawn a lot of games which on paper given their reputation you'd expect them to win.

• Like 1

Hahaha 

ThirstyYellowAmericanquarterhorse-size_r

Long way to go but Fulham next is huge. Looking at their fixtures in depth shows that things might get tricky for them. They’re playing teams that will pretty much all have something to play for. Blackburn chasing play offs still, Luton and Barnsley fighting to stay up. Even Charlton and Stoke might still be in some danger when they meet. Could get interesting!

Edited by fightoffyour

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Leeds have been the better team. Been too wasteful with their chances

Yes you cant question the application just like many sides upon return not clinical enough in front of goal Bamford stopped a certain goal from going in the plonker. 

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Same with the baggies, it's a case to be made when they spout bollocks that villa are shit, we're going down, they're coming up, they won't be spending £140m and they'll be straight up the top end of the PL table

They're both good championship teams but neither of them are destroying it ala Newcastle or Wolves, both will have a very hard time of it next season

I read in a football gossip column (probably rubbish then) that Leeds were prepared to spend up to £50m if they got promoted. That'll mean they go straight back down then!

• Like 1

Cardiff away is a real bogey game for Leeds apparently. Not sure what they did travelling down either as earlier in the week it was said Wales wouldn't allow them to stay in a hotel.

I don't see an empty Elland Road as a bad thing for them in the run in and they have Luton, Barnsley and Charlton still to play there.

From what I saw yesterday I think West Brom are more in danger of bottling top 2.  Brentford beat them on Friday and it's a 5 point gap and West Brom got some tough fixtures after that. They've also got Fulham at home.

Edited by VillaChris

On 18/06/2020 at 20:34, villa4europe said:

Yep, 100 years and they've been in the top flight for 49 of them

One of them where I wouldn't deny that they're a big club with a great spell in the 70s and a couple of decent years on the PL but when they're talked up to be the size of us it's an insult to us and shows a bit of ignorance as to what we've actually achieved, same with Newcastle 

They did win the title in the early 90s and after a fallow few years were regularly finishing above us in the late 90s. We had a pretty decent team back then aswell. Finished above us in every season from 98-2001.

16 years out of top division is a long old time though. 3 years for us feel an eternity.

Edited by VillaChris

On 18/06/2020 at 20:34, villa4europe said:

Yep, 100 years and they've been in the top flight for 49 of them

One of them where I wouldn't deny that they're a big club with a great spell in the 70s and a couple of decent years on the PL but when they're talked up to be the size of us it's an insult to us and shows a bit of ignorance as to what we've actually achieved, same with Newcastle 

I had an argument on Twitter with a bloke about this. I know arguing about who is the bigger club is futile. But they have literally nothing on us in terms of club size.

The only thing he could come up with is they had a more recent league title than us. Which is fair enough but it was still 30 years ago. Then he banged up about being a top club in the 90's and early 2000's.

He also said most of what Villa have won was before Leeds were a club so it doesn't count. But I pointed out that since Leeds were a club we've still won more league cups, more FA cups, more European cups (they do have one more league title than us in that time)

I just don't see what their argument is. Less fans, smaller stadium, less honours, less seasons in the top flight, lower league finishes, no major european honours, less money, lower current league position (just)

Forest are a bigger club than Leeds.

Edit: also the argument against Newcastle is an easy one. Since Newcastle last won a major trophy, Villa have won 5 league cups, an FA Cup, a League Title, A European cup and a European Super Cup.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

On 19/06/2020 at 06:44, Demitri_C said:

This break will definitely help them seal promotion now. They usually run out of steam by now but they will be fresh. 

Whilst this is true, the compressed schedule now might negate what they benefit from the break. A hard way to play if you're playing games every few days

On 18/06/2020 at 14:53, Demitri_C said:

Why would leeds fans defend thwir bigger rival sheffield United? Thata like us defending blose over sheffield Wednesday 

On 18/06/2020 at 15:39, The_Steve said:

I find it so odd how clubs are trying to manufacture rivalries that don't exist.

Welcome to social media.  It's all just noise and bollocks really, if you look long enough online you can find anything which will trigger you. The average Leeds fan couldn't care less about what happened in the Villa vs Sheffield United game, you're just guilty of tuning into the handful of gobshites who have a Twitter account and an opinion on everything. 

• Like 3

Â