Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

21 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Because they lost 1 game?

No, not because they lost one game.

Theres this thing called google and sometimes when you ask it questions it gives you answers, it’s amazing.

Like if you asked google what leeds’ recent results have been it gives them to you........

• Like 2

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

No, not because they lost one game.

Theres this thing called google and sometimes when you ask it questions it gives you answers, it’s amazing.

Like if you asked google what leeds’ recent results have been it gives them to you........

Checked the stats.

That Wigan win was a straight out robbery. If i was a Leeds fan i'd be more worried losing and not playing well.

Leeds have only won two of their last ten games, and have gone from being thirteen points clear of third place in December to being just three points clear now. That's what Leeds fans are worried about. Both them and Albion looked uncatchable a month back, now suddenly any of the top eight teams could conceivably finish in the top two.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

They are still in the top 2. All that matters

And at Christmas they were top, 10 or 11 points clear of third place.

They've won 2 of their last 9 and are only a couple of points ahead of 3rd place now.

It's exactly what happened last season. I can't wait for them to bottle it again.

10 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

And at Christmas they were top, 10 or 11 points clear of third place.

They've won 2 of their last 9 and are only a couple of points ahead of 3rd place now.

It's exactly what happened last season. I can't wait for them to bottle it again.

They can still get promoted through play offs if that were to happen.

Also i think Bielsas style is much more suited to Premier League. There are so many games in the Championship and his intensive can easily tire you out.

Games doesn't come as thick and fast in Premier League. I think Leeds would do really well under him if they get promoted.

Edited by villalad21

5 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

They can still get promoted through play offs if that were to happen.

Also i think Bielsas style is much more suited to Premier League. There are so many games in the Championship and his intensive can easily tire you out.

Games doesn't come as thick and fast in Premier League. I think Leeds would do really well under him if they get promoted.

Of course they can, but again this is what happened last year and they lost in the playoffs. Bielsa teams famously fade in the second half of the season. It happened last season and it seems to be happening again this season.

Games don't come as thick and fast in the premier league, but the games are for more intesne and higher paced. Just look at how burned out McGinn looked before he got injured. For a newly promoted team it would be a huge ask to keep up Bielsa's style for a full season.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

Of course they can, but again this is what happened last year and they lost in the playoffs. Bielsa teams famously fade in the second half of the season. It happened last season and it seems to be happening again this season.

Games don't come as thick and fast in the premier league, but the games are for more intesne and higher paced. Just look at how burned out McGinn looked before he got injured. For a newly promoted team it would be a huge ask to keep up Bielsa's style for a full season.

Yeah but most weeks he comes up against inferior coaches.

He will batter the likes of Bruce, Howe, Hodgson and Dyche, even Smith.

I still remember the game at Villa Park. I know we were 2-0 up early on, but i can't remember a game last season where we got dominated. Not like that. They were all over us in that second half.

don't discount the mental element of football, players deep down imo are very fragile, Leeds are out of form, they're tired, low on confidence, next 3 games are forest and Brentford away followed by Bristol at home, by the end of Feb they could be out of the automatic places (conversely they could have cemented their spot) following that you enter the playoffs in shit shape and before you know it the heads have gone and they get beaten by an underdog

the fact that it happened last year will only make it worse, nerves creep in too

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Yeah but most weeks he comes up against inferior coaches.

He will batter the likes of Bruce, Howe, Hodgson and Dyche, even Smith.

I still remember the game at Villa Park. I know we were 2-0 up early on, but i can't remember a game last season where we got dominated. Not like that. They were all over us in that second half.

But he's up against far inferior coaches right now and their form is awful (for a promotion favourite)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

don't discount the mental element of football, players deep down imo are very fragile, Leeds are out of form, they're tired, low on confidence, next 3 games are forest and Brentford away followed by Bristol at home, by the end of Feb they could be out of the automatic places (conversely they could have cemented their spot) following that you enter the playoffs in shit shape and before you know it the heads have gone and they get beaten by an underdog

the fact that it happened last year will only make it worse, nerves creep in too

Maybe.

I know some us dislike them. But i'm kind of over the hatred towards them tbh.

Would love for tin pot clubs like Burnley and Bournemouth to get relegated and the likes of Leeds, Derby and Wednesday to get promoted.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

But he's up against far inferior coaches right now and their form is awful (for a promotion favourite)

But he battered teams up until now.

How much of it have to do with fatigue vs tactics/gameplan?

I'd say it has mostly to do with the former.

1 minute ago, villalad21 said:

But he battered teams up until now.

How much of it have to do with fatigue vs tactics/gameplan?

I'd say it has mostly to do with the former.

Yeah you're right. That's the point. But the fatigue happens BECAUSE of his tactics aNd gameplan.
His style is excellent when his players are fresh. But they burn out halfway through the season and almost always have. And it looks like it's happening again.
The higher pace and intensity of the Premier League would likely make that even worse, despite having less games.

There's no point being amazing for half a season and then fading so badly you don't achieve your goal

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Maybe.

I know some us dislike them. But i'm kind of over the hatred towards them tbh.

Would love for tin pot clubs like Burnley and Bournemouth to get relegated and the likes of Leeds, Derby and Wednesday to get promoted.

I don't really get the hatred of most football clubs

I get the hatred of football fans...and for me personally I have a leeds supporting brother, uncle and cousin who cant have a sensible chat about football without bringing up the CL semi final*, then you throw in my main bug bearer which is sky and the media, the love in over them should they get promoted would piss me off, burnley and Bournemouth even to an extent man city are just grey bland nothing clubs thanks to their fanbase, not a blip of my horizon, leeds, Newcastle, and now especially wolves and Liverpool are just rammed down my throat by shit fans that I cant stand which is why I don't like them

*and that conversation goes along the lines of villa are a grey bland nothing football club who do nothing, what's the point in being in the PL to not compete, at least we got to a semi final and gave it a go....when we get promoted we'll soon be back amongst it competing at the top...leeds fans are in for a huge shock if they ever did get promoted 

Edited by villa4europe

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah you're right. That's the point. But the fatigue happens BECAUSE of his tactics aNd gameplan.
His style is excellent when his players are fresh. But they burn out halfway through the season and almost always have. And it looks like it's happening again.
The higher pace and intensity of the Premier League would likely make that even worse, despite having less games.

There's no point being amazing for half a season and then fading so badly you don't achieve your goal

I don't disagree with you.

But if his teams performs 2/3 of a season they got very good chances finishing mid table in Premier League.

6 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I don't disagree with you.

But if his teams performs 2/3 of a season they got very good chances finishing mid table in Premier League.

They have stopped playing after half a season against shitter opposition 

For all the hype, Bielsa got found out last season 

Edited by Zatman
  • Thanks 1

Â