Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

• 3 months later...

A lot of them crying online that we should have let Sheffield United walk it in. 

They don't remember who actually beat them to promotion and Wilder enjoying his celebrations by having a go at them  😂

they were noisier than west midlands fans last night

not sure if they have a "big club" chip on their shoulder thrown in to the mix too, like somehow them being promoted and us being relegated somehow justifies what an absolutely massive club they are because they're above the villa, a bit like the spice that Newcastle tried to add to the "rivalry" and the most deluded of the wolves fans aim for too

and they are of course getting promoted and going straight in to the champions league hunt 🙄

I haven't been on there in a while now but their main forum Waccoe was full of posts wanting the premier league to restart so we'd be relegated and constantly quotnig posts from the premiier league thread on this forum. It's not just after that game at the end of last season that they've become obssesed with us either, as they had an hundred page thread about our financial situation after the Fulham play-off final, the whole thing was basically them getting excited because of how much trouble it looked like we'd be in.

Not sure why we'd have to allow Sheffield United a goal either, Leeds did that to us because they cheated in the first place, they scored a goal when we stopped playing because of an injury, and they wouldn't have done that if they had something to play for, by then Sheffield United couldn't be catched. In our case it wasn't our fault that the Sheffield Uniited goal was disallowed.

Agree

Also think the "we knew it was over the line" stuff is also bollocks, we're guilty of naively putting our faith in teh technology, same as the ref but that is no reason to 100% believe it was a goal so when it's not given kick one in for them in the name of fairness 

The context of what they did is completely different 

BCD will help them I think. Elland Road was paranoia central in the run in last season so they won't feel that tension from the stands if things go against them in the game.

Don't see them blowing top 2 this time. They had a wobble over xmas/January but were in very good form before play was stopped.

Would rather they didn't come up as I can see them buying some very decent players like Wolves did if Bielsa sticks around.

You don't get a manager like that and hang around in the Championship for long if the team buy into his madness. Blew up last year but don't forget Bielsa took over a fairly ordinary side that came 13th the year before. No players had any experience of winning anything (same as Bielsa for 20 odd years) and their nerve went.

They've absolutely dominated nearly every game since he's been there, somehow managed to somehow lose a fair few of them as well. They've been mugged in games they deserved to win more than anyone in the country in the last two years.

There's zero chance of them not going up and I'll be very interested in how they get on in the Prem. I'll be stunned if they come back down. Alongside Wolves and Reading years ago as the best team to win promotion from the Championship.

Great to see their fans bleating little bitches about the goal last night. I hope sincerely Bielsa has one of his explosive exits soon because it's all him there at the moment. They'll crumble without him.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Haven't Leeds spent longer outside the top division than in it?

Not sure but imo they were the best team in the country by a distance during the Revie years. Should have won more, probably didn't because they didn't have a decent keeper. 

26 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Not sure but imo they were the best team in the country by a distance during the Revie years. Should have won more, probably didn't because they didn't have a decent keeper. 

50 years ago though. Be like Preston fans telling everybody how good they were in 1880s

26 minutes ago, Xela said:

Haven't Leeds spent longer outside the top division than in it?

Yep, 100 years and they've been in the top flight for 49 of them

One of them where I wouldn't deny that they're a big club with a great spell in the 70s and a couple of decent years on the PL but when they're talked up to be the size of us it's an insult to us and shows a bit of ignorance as to what we've actually achieved, same with Newcastle 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

You don't get a manager like that and hang around in the Championship for long if the team buy into his madness. Blew up last year but don't forget Bielsa took over a fairly ordinary side that came 13th the year before. No players had any experience of winning anything (same as Bielsa for 20 odd years) and their nerve went.

They've absolutely dominated nearly every game since he's been there, somehow managed to somehow lose a fair few of them as well. They've been mugged in games they deserved to win more than anyone in the country in the last two years.

There's zero chance of them not going up and I'll be very interested in how they get on in the Prem. I'll be stunned if they come back down. Alongside Wolves and Reading years ago as the best team to win promotion from the Championship.

Great to see their fans bleating little bitches about the goal last night. I hope sincerely Bielsa has one of his explosive exits soon because it's all him there at the moment. They'll crumble without him.

They really struggle to score more than one goal a game despite the mass amount of chances they create. No idea if it's just bad finishing or being unlucky. Bamford still scored 13 but I guess a real poacher would be getting 25-30 over a season.

I think they'll loan in a Raul Jimenez type when they go up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

50 years ago though. Be like Preston fans telling everybody how good they were in 1880s

Not quite lol as there will be still Leeds fans going to matches that remember that team. 

Â