Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

If someone asked me who was the biggest club between Blackburn and Leeds my initial reaction would be to think Leeds, but to be fair looking at it, Blackburn have spent considerably more seasons in the top flight than Leeds, including more seasons in the Premier league and have won more trophies as well, they've both won the league three times, and the league cup once, but Blackburn have won the FA cup six times, whereas Leeds have only won it once.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Dunno how English football has coped for the past 16 years without Leeds in the top division.

Or for 87 of it's 132 year history without Leeds in the top flight.

Just my opinion.

I'd prefer clubs like Leeds, Nott Forest and Derby being in Premier League while tin pot clubs like Burnley, Bournemouth and Brighton going down a tier.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Just my opinion.

I'd prefer clubs like Leeds, Nott Forest and Derby being in Premier League while tin pot clubs like Burnley, Bournemouth and Brighton going down a tier.

what makes Leeds special and Burnley and Brighton tinpot

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

what makes Leeds special and Burnley and Brighton tinpot

Fan base size and atmosphere at grounds for me. When they were flying high years/decades ago, Elland Road was an intimidating away fixture, like a lot of the traditional bigger clubs. The likes of Burnley, Bournemouth, Watford don’t really generate much atmosphere or interest.

Although I obviously prefer Leeds to stay down there!

I'm torn on Burnley. They're a very historical club with honours so their stature warrants Premier League more than many other clubs, but the way they currently play the game is a stain on football and for that reason they'd be one of the 3 I'd want going down, but I'd never regard them as tinpot.

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

As with everything football related, it depends on the metric you're using.

Until he clears it up, nothing is ridiculous because you dunno what you're comparing.

Well I thought it was pretty clear he was comparing leeds and blackburn, claiming the latter to be the bigger club.

Leeds were getting bigger attendances in league 1 than Blackburn were getting in the PL.

Blackburn won the league once, 25 years ago because they had the richest owner in England briefly and it was long before FFP reared its ugly head.

They are not even remotely comparable in size and stature.

Half their league games this season they've failed to score more than one goal. That's some going considering they have 60% possesion in majority of games. Tonight they had 67%.

If they had Mitrovic upfront they'd win the league. How on earth did Kiko Casila get signed by Real Madrid btw, he is dismal.

Edited by VillaChris

4 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

image.thumb.jpeg.27482fdc96d8c445f2c1fb0a386988e7.jpeg

Just keep them away from the kids.

Eew, this chewing gum tastes awful, but oh, what great bubbles.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, useless said:

If someone asked me who was the biggest club between Blackburn and Leeds my initial reaction would be to think Leeds, but to be fair looking at it, Blackburn have spent considerably more seasons in the top flight than Leeds, including more seasons in the Premier league and have won more trophies as well, they've both won the league three times, and the league cup once, but Blackburn have won the FA cup six times, whereas Leeds have only won it once.

Blackburn are a weird one.  Basically outside the top flight since 1965/66 and then got very lucky with the timing of having a rich owner come on board right before the Premier League came about.  Pretty sure they were fighting relegation before Walker took over mid season and they bought their way to survival then chucked money at getting promoted.  Scraped through Playoffs then destroyed the British transfer record like three times or something - rest is history.

Pre-1994/95, their last major honour was in 1927/28.

Before Bielsa came in Leeds had finishd, 7th, 14th, 13th, 15th, 15th, 13th, 7th, 13th, in the championship since getting promoted from league one. Without him they wouldn't even be anywhere near the automatic places, their squad really isn't very good. The trouble is that for all his good work he does with them, he undoes it himself with his own stubborness, such as refusing to drop players when out of form, falling out with players, this apparently happened last season and was why Jansson was left out of the play-off semi finals, that decision in itself probably cost them a place in the final, and maybe promotion.

• Like 3

It's actually turning out to be a good week for them, Brentford, Fulham, and Forest all failing to capitalize on a good chance to knock them out of the top two. All Forest had to do was beat one of Small Heath or Charlton and they'd be second now. I suppose the less good news for them is that because Bristol City have won and Preston look like winning, there's now only three points seperating second and seventh place.

Edited by useless

Â