Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yeah you're right. That's the point. But the fatigue happens BECAUSE of his tactics aNd gameplan.

There's no point being amazing for half a season and then fading so badly you don't achieve your goal

Any Villa fan should be able to relate to this given the collapses under MON

• Like 1

On 02/02/2020 at 10:52, villalad21 said:

Checked the stats.

That Wigan win was a straight out robbery. If i was a Leeds fan i'd be more worried losing and not playing well.

For a "top" team Leeds simply don't score many goals.

Of the 30 games played they have failed to score more than 1 goal in 17 of them. Even Bruceball would score more often.

They are an incredibly wasteful team and also liable to throw in cheap goals, Casilla been flapping at a few corners recently.

On 02/02/2020 at 13:52, villalad21 said:

Checked the stats.

That Wigan win was a straight out robbery. If i was a Leeds fan i'd be more worried losing and not playing well.

Last year Wigan robbed them, and you remember how it ended for them.

If I was a Leeds fan I would worry from any loss, especially in these dramatic way. 

Same would have been with Plop, had they lost early on and had City not wasted that many points. 

The only year were they seemed dominating was last year, then somehow they've bottled it. This year they were far away with the Tesco Bags, yet look how they managed to keep it tight?

The amount of pressure would be high! Glad that we're out of that league, and hopefully we stay up. 

The more you stay down there, the harder it gets, even mentally. 

Since we went down:

Newcastle, Brighton and Huddersfield.

Wolves, Cardiff and Fulham.

Norwich, Sheffield Utd and Villa.

So basically everyone apart from Newcastle (who kept a PL team that no ones know how the managed to go down), no one was doing perfect the season before. Most automatics went to midtable teams, again apart from Brighton who finally done it after flirting couple of seasons in the playoffs. 

The way we managed to go up, and the way Fulham did was incredible. Click on in the most important part of the season. 

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

For a "top" team Leeds simply don't score many goals.

Of the 30 games played they have failed to score more than 1 goal in 17 of them. Even Bruceball would score more often.

They are an incredibly wasteful team and also liable to throw in cheap goals, Casilla been flapping at a few corners recently.

I imagine that's why they got that striker in on loan.

On 04/02/2020 at 05:01, abdulaziz1 said:

Last year Wigan robbed them, and you remember how it ended for them.

If I was a Leeds fan I would worry from any loss, especially in these dramatic way. 

Same would have been with Plop, had they lost early on and had City not wasted that many points. 

The only year were they seemed dominating was last year, then somehow they've bottled it. This year they were far away with the Tesco Bags, yet look how they managed to keep it tight?

The amount of pressure would be high! Glad that we're out of that league, and hopefully we stay up. 

The more you stay down there, the harder it gets, even mentally. 

Since we went down:

Newcastle, Brighton and Huddersfield.

Wolves, Cardiff and Fulham.

Norwich, Sheffield Utd and Villa.

So basically everyone apart from Newcastle (who kept a PL team that no ones know how the managed to go down), no one was doing perfect the season before. Most automatics went to midtable teams, again apart from Brighton who finally done it after flirting couple of seasons in the playoffs. 

The way we managed to go up, and the way Fulham did was incredible. Click on in the most important part of the season. 

An interesting post, but isn't there a logical contradiction between the two bolded lines? 

At the end of the day, only three teams can get promoted. Objectively, you can still have a good season in the Championship without getting promoted, it's just that nobody else in football seems to feel that way. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

They must be cursed or something.

They’re not cursed. We explained this to you. 

They have a manager who drills his players too hard. It produces excellent results, for about half a season. Then the team collapses. 

it’s happened for the majority of Bielsa’s career. This is the norm for his teams. 

• Like 1

On December 14th they were beating Cardiff 3-0 at half-time, at that point they were thirteen points ahead of whoever was in third place. The way they're going at the moment they'll be lucky to finish in the top six, never mind top two. On Tuesday they're away to Brentford, and Forest are at home to Charlton, so unless they win that one, they could well find themselves dropping out of the automatic places.

Â