Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

They don't seem as zippy as last season.Β 

Definitely got a whiff of Sheffield United about them.Β 

Been worked out a little bit tactically, they look a few percent off since last season, and as long as you match them physically then most PL teams have better players.

Β 

They've still got the likes of Dallas, Cooper, Klich, Shakelton, Ayling starting games and Tyler Roberts coming off the bench, those players wouldn't get in many other premier leagues sides, not even sure if most of them would even get in the Norwich team and probably wouldn't get in a number of championship teams. Last season they over achieved as a team and many of their players as individuals, so was always likely that they'd regress to the mean and not be as impressive this season.

Β 

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

I cannot for the life of me understand how the bestest manager in the world ever can send his team out to play 6 times and not win a single game, regardless of the opposition.Β 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jack Harrison been shit since he stopped being a loanee and signed properly. Firpo looks well off the pace.

They won't go down, but that talk of them pushing for Europe this season has gone very quiet.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Qwpzxjor1 said:

Jack Harrison been shit since he stopped being a loanee and signed properly. Firpo looks well off the pace.

They won't go down, but that talk of them pushing for Europe this season has gone very quiet.

Their fans generally have gone very quiet.Β 
Β 

Β 

thank ****.Β 

• Like 3

Their defence isnt top flight standard. Once teams figured out how to stop them scoring/playing, they were always going to have a bad spell.

Good job they've got the best manager ever to enable them to find a new way of playing. Not like they've got a guy who's 66, and hasnt had more than 2 full seaons at a club in his entire career...

• Like 1

It's central midfield where they're weakest, their only options are Phillips, Klich, and Forshaw who's always injured, pretty much every game they're having to play someone out of position in their midfield, really not sure why they didn't strengthen in that area in the summer.

14 minutes ago, useless said:

It's central midfield where they're weakest, their only options are Phillips, Klich, and Forshaw who's always injured, pretty much every game they're having to play someone out of position in their midfield, really not sure why they didn't strengthen in that area in the summer.

Let's be honest, since Bielsa arrived, this average group of players was over achieving season after season. Dip had to come, sooner or later. I fear for them when Bielsa leaves, they may crash down to earth...

They also have terrible luck with injuries to their central defenders, which doesn't help.

5 hours ago, Jono62 said:

They don't seem as zippy as last season.Β 

I think last season without the fans allowed them to approach games as if they were training matches and the lack of pressure that comes with them, but with the fans back I wonder if their players are more hesitant to keep up the gung ho attitude knowing that if they **** it up they could have 30000 fans down their neck.

Γ—
Γ—
Γ‚