Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

Just now, Davkaus said:

Yeah they were going proper mental, some laughably old and fat blokes giving it the big-un like they were going to intimidate a bunch of athletes.. I think a large part of it was him deliberately running over to celebrate in front of them, but if I ever found myself that angry over something so trivial, I'd want to reevaluate my life. 

yeah but i didn't see him gesturing or anything...it's just so odd!

17 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i know every club does it to varying levels, but i've just never understood the rage that overcomes grown men when an opposition player has the audacity to score against ones club. it was particularly evident in that 2nd brentford goal...just such bizarre behavior

They’re a very aggressive fan base, prob only one rung down from SHA.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Wainy316 said:

They’re a very aggressive fan base, prob only one rung down from SHA.

In general, I think a footballing fanbase is much the same as any other. I don't think Villa are better than others groups of fans by any stretch, there are saints and scumbags in most stands around the country.

Having said that, Small Heath, Leeds and Millwall do make up a trifecta of utter wrong-uns. There will be exceptions, but the way they embrace it and bask in their thuggery ensures they attract more of it than other clubs.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

In general, I think a footballing fanbase is much the same as any other. I don't think Villa are better than others groups of fans by any stretch, there are saints and scumbags in most stands around the country.

Having said that, Small Heath, Leeds and Millwall do make up a trifecta of utter wrong-uns. There will be exceptions, but the way they embrace it and bask in their thuggery ensures they attract more of it than other clubs.

Think we play up to it because we've been forever branded as 'dirty Leeds' and embrace it.

Also **** off out of the prem stopped us getting sterilised by the big money and attention that comes with playing in it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rino8 said:

Think we play up to it because we've been forever branded as 'dirty Leeds' and embrace it.

Also **** off out of the prem stopped us getting sterilised by the big money and attention that comes with playing in it.

Does seem to be element of running on the pitch at times after goals and stuff. I remember when you went down in 2004 you were charging onto the pitch Scotland at Wembley style and ripping the goal posts down. Think same happened when you went down from championship a few years later and game had to be called off?

One other thing I was going to say is surprised there's been no talk of expanding Elland Road. Obviously a cracking atmosphere when you're playing well but I went past it on the train the other week and it's looking very tired from the outside now. With the car parks you have plenty of space to expand two of the sides and just putting extra tiers would get you over 50k (and you'd comfortably fill it being in premier league). Would've thought that would've been something you'd announce to continue momentum unless your board are looking at sites for new ground?

3 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Does seem to be element of running on the pitch at times after goals and stuff. I remember when you went down in 2004 you were charging onto the pitch Scotland at Wembley style and ripping the goal posts down. Think same happened when you went down from championship a few years later and game had to be called off?

One other thing I was going to say is surprised there's been no talk of expanding Elland Road. Obviously a cracking atmosphere when you're playing well but I went past it on the train the other week and it's looking very tired from the outside now. With the car parks you have plenty of space to expand two of the sides and just putting extra tiers would get you over 50k (and you'd comfortably fill it being in premier league). Would've thought that would've been something you'd announce to continue momentum unless your board are looking at sites for new ground?

In the planning phase to go to 60k gradually, the South and West stands in particular feel about a century out of date.

Based on us surviving this year first though. 

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

So did we find out why he was doing it and who to?

He’s Leeds. They’re silent until they’re in the points, then turn up and start giving it the big one.

Seems like a fan was giving him stick for them being shit, which is uncalled for, but grow up. I’d be surprised if he wasn’t sacked.

Edited by a m ole

8 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Small time ego trip, reminds me when Xia called out Ian Holloway who was proven right in the end

Better ways to answer criticism 

My favourite Xia moment was when he called that reporter a "jerknalist" who correctly (as it turned out) labelled our Tony as a bit of a fraud.

Edited by Wainy316
  • Thanks 1

Â