Leeds United

Qwpzxjor1

On 28/05/2021 at 13:52, Wainy316 said:

Ooh I like these graphs...

dribbles-x-touches.png?resize=960%2C543&

No...wait...but...but he dives!! All the time!!

lol look at this video of our player diving

A very strange fanbase.

On 28/05/2021 at 12:52, Rino8 said:

it's a similar look for pressures too but the numbers are a while back and I'm too lazy to look for them, but while Watkins works very hard for the team its also while you have slugs like Ross Barkley.

Our entire team have outrun everybody we've faced in every game this season by 3-9km. So while Bamford might not look like he's working especially hard he's still working harder than his opposite number.

I guess I've been ruined by years of watching cycling, but my immediate reaction to charts like this is deep suspicion about chemical enhancement.

I'm sure it's misplaced, but that's where my mind goes, not gonna lie.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I guess I've been ruined by years of watching cycling, but my immediate reaction to charts like this is deep suspicion about chemical enhancement.

I can think of a couple of other Premier League teams in recent seasons I have had similar suspicions about. Maybe we are wrong but its natural instinct

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

I can think of a couple of other Premier League teams in recent seasons I have had similar suspicions about. Maybe we are wrong but its natural instinct

I know one of the teams you're talking about for sure, and I have exactly the same thoughts.

14 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Having watched them run around like maniacs but not seem inhuman I think more evidence would be needed for me to be sure of that kind of thing. Firstly I'd like to see that graph with individual players on it to see if they are all outliers.

That said, if the graph wasn't labelled with teams or a league then my guess for the top right dot being so far away from the others would be EPO.

Bielsa has a long history of coaching so I'm sure there are other sets of data like this one that include teams that he coached. Are they all outliers to the extent of this for sprint distance and number of sprints?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If they have to pay then it will be one of the worst transfers of all time, as I said in the Samatta thread Augustin hasnt scored a league goal since Steve Bruce was Villa manager

Edited by Zatman

• 2 months later...

Always seemed likely that Bielsa would stay. They’ve invested in upgrading their training facilities at his request and he’ll feel he can take them further this season.

I’m not sure they’ve strengthened much though. They’ve got Harrison on a permanent and Junior Firpo from Barcelona, have they signed anyone else?

10 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Always seemed likely that Bielsa would stay. They’ve invested in upgrading their training facilities at his request and he’ll feel he can take them further this season.

I’m not sure they’ve strengthened much though. They’ve got Harrison on a permanent and Junior Firpo from Barcelona, have they signed anyone else?

About to sign 17 y.o Norwegian CB  Leo Hjelde from Celtic who is labeled "the new van Dijk"

didnt realise there was a danger of him walking away tbh

agree that they havent really strengthened, firpo could be good but i think the "ex-barca" tag means he's being slightly overrated, the only real link i ever see with them is Traore for £30m which i personally would be absolutely delighted with

if what they want to do is stablise and become a solid PL team then they'll be perfectly fine but they're another fanbase that talk up european football and i dont think they've done enough to suggest that they can do it

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

didnt realise there was a danger of him walking away tbh

I don't think there was. He hadn't signed a contract, but apparently he only ever goes season by season in contracts, and has started seasons without having signed one before. Basically, it's weird as ****, but not for him.

23 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I don't think there was. He hadn't signed a contract, but apparently he only ever goes season by season in contracts, and has started seasons without having signed one before. Basically, it's weird as ****, but not for him.

Martin O'Neill took the same approach.

And that ended well...

On 29/05/2021 at 12:58, Phil Silvers said:

66 year old looking Pablo Hernandez contract ends at Leeds this summer, thought they would have kept him on, what with him being better then our Jack and all.

Great song though

Â