Media and punditry

BOF

13 hours ago, JPJCB said:

I know we do this every week but how, just how, is the Utd - Fulham game first on MoTD. An average game other than the last 20 minutes between the teams in 6th and 13th respectively. Literally the only “justification” is that it’s Utd

Always good to watch man u loose so I didn't mind

Jeff Steling on Talksport saying even though a friend of his, he thought it was disgusting to allow Carragher to commentate on the Liverpool game. I'm glad someone has come out and admitted it.

Mcoist didn't agree, saying he can commentate on Rangers without the bias, phones went mad, telling him straight he's having a laugh.

Mcoist is becoming a bit of a hypocrite to gain fame, but from what I have heard of him, he is hugely bias, havent heard him with Rangers, but its blatently obvious Newcastle is his English team can't shut up about them  Eddie Howe.

Edited by foreveryoung

23 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I agree with them. Chelsea lost narrowly, in extra time, to a team 25 points better off in the league and against whom they were in no way favourites. 

Everything that isn't success = bottle job.

Modern football.  Fantastic.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I agree with them. Chelsea lost narrowly, in extra time, to a team 25 points better off in the league and against whom they were in no way favourites. 

By the time extra time rolled around and Liverpool had half their youth team on the pitch they really should have gone on to win it.

Does that qualify as bottling it?

If you wanted Liverpool to lose I guess it does. 

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

By the time extra time rolled around and Liverpool had half their youth team on the pitch they really should have gone on to win it.

Does that qualify as bottling it?

If you wanted Liverpool to lose I guess it does. 

IMO no, football is more complicated than that. You don't immediately start dominating just because the opposition has brought on a couple of younger players. It's a team game. 

I imagine Chelsea will be disappointed they didn't perform in extra time given how dominant they were at the end of the second half, and I also imagine that given the stick they're getting they probably wish they'd lost 3-0 to Liverpool's strongest XI instead, but they could have won had things gone just slightly differently in normal time and I don't think every loss has to be a 'bottle job'. Clearly most disagree with me, but as usual I'm right ;)

16 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

IMO no, football is more complicated than that. You don't immediately start dominating just because the opposition has brought on a couple of younger players. It's a team game. 

I imagine Chelsea will be disappointed they didn't perform in extra time given how dominant they were at the end of the second half, and I also imagine that given the stick they're getting they probably wish they'd lost 3-0 to Liverpool's strongest XI instead, but they could have won had things gone just slightly differently in normal time and I don't think every loss has to be a 'bottle job'. Clearly most disagree with me, but as usual I'm right ;)

I was speaking from Neville's perspective. He's angry Liverpool won and extend their record,  won so he's taking it out on the team that lost. His ire may be better placed at his beloved Man United who didn't even get to the final. 

I think I agree with you,  they didn't really bottle it, they're just not anywhere near as good as the amount of money they cost.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

Sterling on Talksport saying even though a friend of his, he thought it was disgusting to allow Carragher to commentate on the Liverpool game. I'm glad someone has come out and admitted it.

its terrible he is on commentary but should be no issue for Sterling. He can't hear it when playing

6 minutes ago, Zatman said:

its terrible he is on commentary but should be no issue for Sterling. He can't hear it when playing

He definitely can't hear it when he's mis-controlling a simple pass to him.

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Should have said Steling, as in Jeff Steling, didn't notice it ws wrong, must have been spell checker.

Edited by foreveryoung
  • Like 1

Haven’t really watched SSN for a while now as felt it had become really dumbed down and was just noise fixated on their favourites. 

Had a few minutes spare so flicked over to find Troy Deeney gurning at me from their ‘expert’ panel… switched it off.

13 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Troy Deeney gurning at me from their ‘expert

Expert in what? Aston Villa probably🤣

Jeez, that is truly getting to the bottom of the barrel if you have Troy Deeney on as an expert....Did they have a translator for old sloth? Can't understand him half the time 🤣

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, calcifer said:

Expert in what? Aston Villa probably🤣

Jeez, that is truly getting to the bottom of the barrel if you have Troy Deeney on as an expert....Did they have a translator for old sloth? Can't understand him half the time 🤣

Another unintelligible ex-pro who spectacularly failed at management (not to mention his criminal conviction for assaulting his ex partner) so makes perfect sense for Sky to hire him.

surely there’s better ex-footballers out there?!? 

18 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Another unintelligible ex-pro who spectacularly failed at management (not to mention his criminal conviction for assaulting his ex partner) so makes perfect sense for Sky to hire him.

surely there’s better ex-footballers out there?!? 

You would think there would be plenty but seems to be the same old lot - Probably next villa game the expert analysis will come from Karen Carney and Trog Deeney...

• Like 1

Â