Media and punditry

BOF

Just out of curiosity, what are the commentary teams doing? Normally they’d all be in one host country so no travelling about needed. But this tournament, is one commentary team based in France, another in Germany and they’re just waiting for the next game being played in the country in which they’ve been based? Or are they still flying about from country to country?

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Just out of curiosity, what are the commentary teams doing? Normally they’d all be in one host country so no travelling about needed. But this tournament, is one commentary team based in France, another in Germany and they’re just waiting for the next game being played in the country in which they’ve been based? Or are they still flying about from country to country?

German commentator for the England game was in a commentary box in a studio but the Swedish commentator was at the game

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Bulgarian TV had a pitch side woman at Wembley. They're not even in the in the tournament. I didn't mind because she was a 10/10 WB.

Commentary is always done by a bloke in a box who without fail has a coughing fit during a match. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Quite surprised to still hear the Waddler on five live. I thought they had purged anyone over 50 who actually has an opinion on that station.

I love him just for his use of the word “pelunties”. 

22 minutes ago, Jono62 said:

I see Lawro is doing well with his predictions

spacer.png

They should do these league tables to decide who gets air time as a pundit, a sort of proof you know what you’re talking about. -100 points if you say ‘pelanties’ of course.

35 minutes ago, a m ole said:

They should do these league tables to decide who gets air time as a pundit, a sort of proof you know what you’re talking about. -100 points if you say ‘pelanties’ of course.

This, but seriously. They mainly pay Lawro for predictions, and this is the clearest possible evidence that he's incredibly shit at it. He's overdue a performance review.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jono62 said:

I see Lawro is doing well with his predictions

spacer.png

Ahh good old mark "2-0" lawrenson.

How has he only got 50 points btw, draws aside(and even they make sense) every game has gone pretty much exactly as you would expect right?

Edited by jjaacckk91
Autocorrect

16 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

This, but seriously. They mainly pay Lawro for predictions, and this is the clearest possible evidence that he's incredibly shit at it. He's overdue a performance review.

Job for life thanks to the TV tax payer 

• Sad 1

Rio Ferdinand did exactly the same as he did pre man utd’s europa cup failure, couldn’t see nothing more than a England win , showed no respect to Scotland ,  the highest level of arrogance  

• Like 1

I'm probably going to get pelters for saying this, but I genuinely actually enjoyed - and laughed out loud during - the Match of the Day bit with Lineker, Shearer and Richards talking about the best Euros goals.

I know that probably makes me really lame, but it was good telly :blush:

Â