Media and punditry

BOF

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

I'm probably going to get pelters for saying this, but I genuinely actually enjoyed - and laughed out loud during - the Match of the Day bit with Lineker, Shearer and Richards talking about the best Euros goals.

I know that probably makes me really lame, but it was good telly :blush:

Did Micah Richards talk about his best Euros goal. I think Micah talks about himself way too much 

3 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

The lovely Villa fan Michelle Owen is pitchside for ITV.

She's genuinely one of the best pundits/sports journalists in the country. Better than the majority of idiots on TV usually. Her biggest problem is that she never acts like a clearing in the woods so doesn't generate headlines/mentions.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

I take your McCoist, Savage, Murphy, Lawro et al and raise you a John Hartson. Deary me. Makes Harry Kane sound sentient. 

McCoist is class , load of fun and he actually references somewhat obscure overseas players on the park ala Netherlands Ukraine.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

I take your McCoist, Savage, Murphy, Lawro et al and raise you a John Hartson. Deary me. Makes Harry Kane sound sentient. 

I get where you're coming from and most are unbelievably bad but John Hartson is no where near as bad as some of them lot, especially Murphy, yuk.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

She's genuinely one of the best pundits/sports journalists in the country. Better than the majority of idiots on TV usually. Her biggest problem is that she never acts like a clearing in the woods so doesn't generate headlines/mentions.

I dont know her so well but Vicki Sparks is winning the BBC prediction league sneAlex Scott knows the game really well. If her name was Michael Owen she would probably get more respect 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Danny Murphy is amongst the worst - dull, monotone and negative (unless it’s Liverpool!) 

Lawro is just the older version. 

The Liverpool part is why he is hired. Its rare you see a game without a Liverpool pundit or commentator

• Like 1

5 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

I think McCoist is great, and Hartson is bearable but the rest can get in the bin especially Murphy.

Jenas is awful too.

I said before but nearly anybody that was a manager is a lot better pundit than the otherd(i dont include Neville work experience at Valencia for example) 

Also helped McCoist was on Question of Sport so he knows how to entertain too

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

I dont know her so well but Vicki Sparks is winning the BBC prediction league sneAlex Scott knows the game really well. If her name was Michael Owen she would probably get more respect 

Agree entirely. All three are a step up on Linekar, Jenas, Murphy, Morrison, Merson etc etc. I really rate Alex Scott too, great knowledge and very enthusiastic.

Â