Media and punditry

BOF

A semi final and the best the bbc could put on is that miserable clearing in the woods Danny Murphy, no doubt it’ll be Jenas on for the final, hopefully it’ll be mccoist on for itv as now tyldesley ain’t the main commentator no doubt It’ll be shit puns matterface

The commentators for this tournament have been nothing but shocking apart from mccoist and Tyldesley 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

A semi final and the best the bbc could put on is that miserable clearing in the woods Danny Murphy.

I think the brief for employing him could only have been "Who's worse than Lawro?". Not only miserable, Murphy is often biased and blatantly doesn't watch football outside of the sky 6.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

I think the brief for employing him could only have been "Who's worse than Lawro?". Not only miserable, Murphy is often biased and blatantly doesn't watch football outside of the sky 6.

As proven, as all he went on about when spain was playing In the group stages was spain should bring on Troare 

19 minutes ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Just commented about this on the match thread as hadn’t seen this. You’re right, he’s awful, biased and more awful. 

He just seem like an angry bitter miserable word removed.

Why though when he is literally paid to watch football and say basically nothing of note that the listener hasn't already worked out 

As I said in the match thread, Wish Rio Ferdinand would shut his mouth, saying we’ll do um, we still have to beat Denmark which ain’t as straight forward as some of these idiot pundits think it is

Couldn’t stand him as a player he’s even worse as a pundit 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rbcuk said:

A semi final and the best the bbc could put on is that miserable clearing in the woods Danny Murphy, no doubt it’ll be Jenas on for the final, hopefully it’ll be mccoist on for itv as now tyldesley ain’t the main commentator no doubt It’ll be shit puns matterface

The commentators for this tournament have been nothing but shocking apart from mccoist and Tyldesley 

Tyldesley annoyed me the other day by saying Soucek and Coufal played for West Ham 'as if they were Bow Bells cockneys', a comment that irritated me firstly by being so up itself London-centric, and secondly because all their fans moved to Essex about half a century ago.

3 hours ago, Jonesy7211 said:

Mm bullshit, he knows Adama Traore is the Spanish hero forget about Xavi, Iniesta or David Villa just Adama

25 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Surprised nobody has popped up to mention the Matterface car crash commentary effort yesterday.

Just a thought, but maybe they should get someone less infuriating to do it.

It was proper cringe wasn't it? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jones1328 said:

It was proper cringe wasn't it? 

It really was.

Which bit did you find the worst? The Shakespeare line (that he flubbed)? Him talking as if it was already finished when there was 15 minutes of extra time remaining? Or him begging viewers to watch ITV for the final? Or another choice cut?

Tyldesley is rubbish as well, a complete bore, but he's not *that* bad. They should really get somebody good though.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

It really was.

Which bit did you find the worst? The Shakespeare line (that he flubbed)? Him talking as if it was already finished when there was 15 minutes of extra time remaining? Or him begging viewers to watch ITV for the final? Or another choice cut?

Tyldesley is rubbish as well, a complete bore, but he's not *that* bad. They should really get somebody good though.

I quite like Tydlesley, reminds me of the champions league games on ITV during my uni days...nostalgia...

As for Matterface though, quite how he's failed upwards to become ITV's top commentator is beyond me. He goes off on weird tangents, shoehorns in cringeworthy lines and generally adds absolutely nothing of value. 

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Surprised nobody has popped up to mention the Matterface car crash commentary effort yesterday.

Just a thought, but maybe they should get someone less infuriating to do it.

He was a prat when he used to be on sky sports news, he keeps coming out with stupid puns, how they replaced Clive Tyldesley with this melon I’ll never know 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

It really was.

The way he was going on about the penalty being game over I presumed there was some sort of golden goal rule in effect. 

Edited by Derryvillan
Schpelling

He was married to Natalie Sawyer from Sky Sports News, they had a son and called him Sawyer Matterface.  I don't know why even that annoys me, but it does.  My favourite commentary team was always Kevin Keatings and Gerry Armstrong from the Sky La Liga days.  Criminally underused, especially Keatings.

• Like 2

Â