Media and punditry

BOF

9 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I thought Evra was terrible yesterday in general.  Not a great pundit imo, seems a cool guy though. 

His meltdown at the United result was awesome though. Begging Sky to tear up his contract as he never wanted to have to comment on a performance like that from “his” team. 

I’m not the only one who finds Sky calling us beating Liverpool 7-2 “Silly Sunday” a tad disrespectful?

We completely outplayed them with a bit of swagger, wasn’t some fluke performance.

Hate how the media always want to dismiss Villa at every chance, they practically scoffed at the idea Villa could win before the kickoff and only covered there backs by saying “well it is possible, anything is possible”

Where is the plaudits for our performance?!

• Like 1

On 05/10/2020 at 10:17, YouUnastanFren said:

:crylaugh:Absolutely fantastic. That has properly creased me, this must be the final iteration of the meme. Bielsa is such a genius that Villa smashed Liverpool 7-2. Is there no end to his talents?

There's a Leeds fan over in the Leeds thread that has popped in to tell us this as well. 

Amazing. 

On 05/10/2020 at 09:49, Frobisher said:

Gabby was just on Talksport. Well worth a listen. He got asked if Villa had been inspired by Leeds... somehow they’re getting credit for our wins now. Gabby gave them their answer though.

On 05/10/2020 at 10:17, YouUnastanFren said:

:crylaugh:Absolutely fantastic. That has properly creased me, this must be the final iteration of the meme. Bielsa is such a genius that Villa smashed Liverpool 7-2. Is there no end to his talents?

The same thing was said on Football Weekly yesterday (I listened to it today)

Barry Glendenning said something like (I'm paraphrasing)

"I think teams are looking at how fearless Bielsa is with Leeds and being more attacking which is why we're getting results like the 7-2 yesterday"

As if Dean Smith had enough time to watch how leeds have played in their first 3 games, understand it, have the desire to change our system (even though we'd won both of our opening league games), implement the system and implement it SO well that we smashed the reigning champions 7-2

It's utterly ludicrous. Leeds didn't invent attacking football.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The same thing was said on Football Weekly yesterday (I listened to it today)

Barry Glendenning said something like (I'm paraphrasing)

"I think teams are looking at how fearless Bielsa is with Leeds and being more attacking which is why we're getting results like the 7-2 yesterday"

As if Dean Smith had enough time to watch how leeds have played in their first 3 games, understand it, have the desire to change our system (even though we'd won both of our opening league games), implement the system and implement it SO well that we smashed the reigning champions 7-2

It's utterly ludicrous. Leeds didn't invent attacking football.

Entirely different game, too.  Leeds kept the ball against Liverpool and tried to create openings by finding space between the lines.  This, naturally, led to Liverpool countering more, having more shots etc. (they really should have won), whereas we generally kept very disciplined in our half, and played balls over the top of Liverpool, then pressed and utilised Barkley's running to break.  I imagine Liverpool had much more of the ball, but that we created far, far more.

**** media.

20 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Entirely different game, too.  Leeds kept the ball against Liverpool and tried to create openings by finding space between the lines.  This, naturally, led to Liverpool countering more, having more shots etc. (they really should have won), whereas we generally kept very disciplined in our half, and played balls over the top of Liverpool, then pressed and utilised Barkley's running to break.  I imagine Liverpool had much more of the ball, but that we created far, far more.

**** media.

They did win.

But you're not the first person I've heard forget that leeds actually lost that game.

But Bielsa is the genius and Smith learned from him :)

Edited by Stevo985

Just now, Stevo985 said:

They did win.

But you're not the first person I've heard misremember that leeds actually lost that game.

But Bielsa is the genius and Smith learned from him :)

Haha!  I meant "by more", but you're right :) 

On 04/10/2020 at 19:09, PieFacE said:

How is Souness still in a job with Sky? The dude is still living in the 80's and his views not only on football but general word views seems so outdated. No doubt he was a fantastic player in his day but... surely it's time for him to move on now. 

1880’s

• Like 1

I’d honestly say that listening to Souness puts a bit of a downer on you. He’s so **** dull and miserable he also had absolutely nothing insightful to say, hopefully he’ll get **** off to beIN or the like.

30 minutes ago, penguin said:

I’d honestly say that listening to Souness puts a bit of a downer on you. He’s so **** dull and miserable he also had absolutely nothing insightful to say, hopefully he’ll get **** off to beIN or the like.

I think he hates modern football, but seems himself as some kind of veteran of the game here to educate all us idiots. Cant believe he gets offered new contracts with them really

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, penguin said:

spacer.png

Â