Media and punditry

BOF

So now that some of the big boys have taken a hammering, some sections of the media are calling this season pointless training ground games. Big difference from the desperation last season to bring the football back

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

So now that some of the big boys have taken a hammering, some sections of the media are calling this season pointless training ground games. Big difference from the desperation last season to bring the football back

They weren't training matches when Liverpool were winning the league.

at least its not like the NFL which seemingly has a lot more very serious injuries

however I do think the PL is a mentally weak league, you can link it to the wages and the superstardom and the marketing etc but its why I think there is so much inconsistency, its what makes it so exciting compared to other European leagues, its not surprising that the circumstances play on that

that said I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing, especially after 2 years of city and then Liverpool smashing everyone, if it levels it out then it could be a great year, and then when you look at how lethargic Liverpool were vs us and just how bad utd were vs spurs don't use the conditions as an excuse, call the players out even if they are darlings, these so called world class players shouldn't be slumping just because there's no crowd

Edited by villa4europe

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe this partly explains why Evra had an extra miserable day at the office when Manure lost to Spurs.

Patrice Evra betrays wife by secretly fathering two kids with younger woman

“Sandra will be devastated. He has led a double life and betrayed her for years. Her children have a half brother and sister. It is a lot to get your head round.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/12956026/patrice-evra-secret-children-double-life/

8 hours ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Danny Murphy 😡😡😡😡

doesn't understand what he's watching, another who gets paid handsomely to watch football and simply doesn't do it

I've knocked it all on the head due to villa being shit under lerner and losing a bit of love for it all but there will be people on here who watch double the amount of football as that clown

50 minutes ago, a m ole said:

not a comment on anyone specific but something i noticed from talking heads and commentators about our game last night.

there’s been a lot of chat about how bad the defending has been this season, picking out individuals and blaming managers approach to tactics. yet when two teams come up against each other and defend brilliantly as a team resulting in a cagey match they complain about it “not being one for the netruals” and the match “lacking real quality going forward”.

Agreed, even on here there were people calling it boring. I really enjoyed it. There weren't many clear opportunities, but it was a back and forth game balanced on a knife edge. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Agreed, even on here there were people calling it boring. I really enjoyed it. There weren't many clear opportunities, but it was a back and forth game balanced on a knife edge. 

I watched United vs Newcastle it was dire game but sounds more exciting as 4-1

Too many goals can be a bad thing for the game as well. Last night had 4 good centre back performances and zero credit

• Like 4

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

doesn't understand what he's watching, another who gets paid handsomely to watch football and simply doesn't do it

I've knocked it all on the head due to villa being shit under lerner and losing a bit of love for it all but there will be people on here who watch double the amount of football as that clown

I sense the days of getting comfy BBC or Sky contracts are largely over so ex-pros need to say shit to stay in the spotlight and get a gig next week.  Murphy has become Lawro II over the past 5 years or so.  

Murphy comes across as having a problem with the villa and has don efor a while. No idea why. Never played for the noses or albion or have any affinity to them AFAIK. Used to play in Liverpool teams that normally beat us. Can't work out why he rarely has a positive word to say about us. 

• Like 1

Â