Media and punditry

BOF

2 hours ago, slowandlow said:

Murphy comes across as having a problem with the villa and has don efor a while. No idea why. Never played for the noses or albion or have any affinity to them AFAIK. Used to play in Liverpool teams that normally beat us. Can't work out why he rarely has a positive word to say about us. 

It is Danny Murphy. He strikes me as a very bitter man in general. Maybe it is the baldness. Maybe it was being blessed with the personality and charisma of a lamppost. He is a very unhappy man.

2 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Adrian Durham on talksport saying Jack is holding us back now, ha, the shit club that 5mins ago he was keeping afloat single handed, what a plonka.

probably got that opinion from one of the Tanzanian fans on Twitter

On 19/10/2020 at 15:49, rodders0223 said:

It is Danny Murphy. He strikes me as a very bitter man in general. Maybe it is the baldness. Maybe it was being blessed with the personality and charisma of a lamppost. He is a very unhappy man.

Harsh on lampposts

Been meaning to post on here for a while about Jamie Carragher. 

Why do these media companies keep on employing people who can't actually talk? I mean it should be the minimum requirement for a pundit/commentator. 

During his Liverpool commentary (which I have watched back more times than is healthy for anyone) there are several places where I have absolutely no idea what he's just said.  I've replayed them a number of times and turned the volume up but still have no idea what he's mumbling on about. 

By the way, people laugh at the Brummie accent? Pure scouse is truly painful on the ears. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Why do these media companies keep on employing people who can't actually talk? I mean it should be the minimum requirement for a pundit/commentator. 

During his Liverpool commentary (which I have watched back more times than is healthy for anyone) there are several places where I have absolutely no idea what he's just said.  I've replayed them a number of times and turned the volume up but still have no idea what he's mumbling on about. 

By the way, people laugh at the Brummie accent? Pure scouse is truly painful on the ears. 

Reminded me of this classic...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Its called forced diversity and political correctness for the sake of it.

Welcome to hell.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1

I know it’s not a popular opinion but I’ve always quite liked Deeney. Sure, he’s a nose and he’s not always been a saint on the pitch but he’s always struck me as a decent bloke. When interviewed, he’s honest and direct but he seems to be a man with a lot of positive traits. 

Slightly irrelevant that he’s now on talk sport as I don’t listen but other than inter-team “bantz” I’ve never really understood the hate for him. 

7 hours ago, choffer said:

I know it’s not a popular opinion but I’ve always quite liked Deeney. Sure, he’s a nose and he’s not always been a saint on the pitch but he’s always struck me as a decent bloke. When interviewed, he’s honest and direct but he seems to be a man with a lot of positive traits. 

Slightly irrelevant that he’s now on talk sport as I don’t listen but other than inter-team “bantz” I’ve never really understood the hate for him. 

Same. Although working for Murdock and the Sun/Talk Sport is a little off putting.

If Savage says “Inny ach oh” one more time I’m going to launch something. 

How difficult is it for someone who is being paid to commentate to actually learn how to pronounce a players name?

On 19/10/2020 at 19:46, Zatman said:

proper football club, should be a top 6 team...Incredible....Guess the Team :D  

Hide contents

Incredible.

West Ham have finished in the top 6 in the top flight once in the last 35 years, and only 4 times in their entire history. On what planet "should" they be a top 6 team?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Zatman said:

the Gabby and Deeney show could be an intellectual debate of epic proportions

They're both very sharp pundits as surprising as it seem (why would it seem like that though?). Deeney especially. Shown up all those other "professionals" whenever he's been on Sky.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Incredible.

West Ham have finished in the top 6 in the top flight once in the last 35 years, and only 4 times in their entire history. On what planet "should" they be a top 6 team?

Its the biggest bullshit about, i know people mock the London thing but Spurs and West Ham are really not important teams. 

20 years ago Arsenal was the only big London team 

• Like 2

Â