Ashley Westwood

Nabby

1 hour ago, avfc1982 said:

Oh please! This club has been in decline since 2010 because we have bought so many trash players like Westwood. Honestly if you think we're being relegated because of the signings we made in just one window you mustn't have been watching Villa closely since O'Neill walked all those years ago. 

We have signed £80m worth of players since Westwood, but you think Westwood is the best example of why we are in the state we are in?

And no, I don't think we are being relegated because of the signings in one window, I certainly didn't say that. We have had six transfer windows to correct the problem of having to play Westwood, but here we are with him still in the team.

• Like 2

What a surprise, coward makes cowardly retarded 'tackle' and that was the only thing he did yesterday. However little or large the fee we paid for him, he is stealing a living. 

The amount of people in this thread suggesting he could be useful in the championship, why? Just cos he's failed in the Prem doesn't mean he'll do well there, for me it's a tougher league and he'll get walked over in the championship as well. 

Completely awful, cowardly. Weak.

I don't blame Westwood, he is an example of why we are in such a place now.Only 2 players on the pitch cost over £5m yday, that is why where we are.Westwood cost £2m, and that is all he is worth, he shouldn't, not only be at a club as big as us, but anywhere near the 1st team.

But more to the point, whats the point of playing Westwood now?, and Gabby, and to certain extent Bacuna?, play Calder, GG, Hepburn, and lets see how they get on.We know hes not good enough, time to look at others.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, poitier said:

We have signed £80m worth of players since Westwood, but you think Westwood is the best example of why we are in the state we are in?

And no, I don't think we are being relegated because of the signings in one window, I certainly didn't say that. We have had six transfer windows to correct the problem of having to play Westwood, but here we are with him still in the team.

We may have spent a lot of money on transfers these last 6 years, but as our accounts will show our wage bill has got progressively lower with every season that passes. We buy players who are just not PL standard and the fact that Westwood has played so many games for us (over 100 league appearances so far) tells you everything about the direction the club has taken. We just won't pay the going rate to buy better players than Westwood and that's why we're finally staring relegation in the face. 

another player with largely mixed opinions, his passing is good sideways and backwards but not forwards, hes good at reading a game but has no strength and gets pushed off the ball.

cant see anybody wanting him come summer.

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

He would do well in a League 1 side, that's his level really. Not the kind of player we need and after the time he's had its clear he's not good enough for us. In the Premiership or the championship.

Must have missed all those games he played for us in the Championship.

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Don't worry, you'll get plenty of chances to see them next season ;)

and the three years after that.... :(

Him and Bacuna, 5 year contract extensions, good god.

• Like 1

He may struggle more in the championship than he does in the Premiership simply because he will get bullied far more in that division.
Him and Bacuna are decent squad players and that's all they should be next year. 

They will probably both be regulars though as no-one employed at the club above Remi Garde has a f***** clue about football.

• Like 1

Only "works" in a team where someone else does the defensive work and someone else does the creative stuff.

His only role would be to get the ball from the defensive guy to the creative guy, making 5 yard passes is his only skill.

No team in the world can afford to carry a player like this and expect the midfield to work

Edited by sne
  • Like 4