Ashley Westwood

Nabby

1 hour ago, mwj said:

0 to 10, I'll let you decide which is which :)

Right, now we have a scale... ranging from zero footballing insight / ability / nous to total control. Zidane at 10 and Westwood at 2.5, then, would make sense. I still think it would be harsh to put Reo-Coker at the very opposite end of this scale. Let's agree to give him 1, at least. The board might have the 0. 

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

So you're saying I'm in the Sinclair thread every day repeating the same thing like a broken record?

No I'm saying that doesn't apply to me and westwood. Other than the plop game afterwards where I made a tongue in cheek comment I've barely come in here the last couple of months or so.

Not to mention that on the occasions where I hAve thought westwood has done well, I've said that. 

12 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Il take that as you realise you were talking nonsense with your original point.

No, I just proved how it applies to you even more. How are you not obsessed if you're slagging him off in random unrelated threads? Just because you said he was "okay" on one or 2 occasions doesn't change any of that.

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

No, I just proved how it applies to you even more. How are you not obsessed if you're slagging him off in random unrelated threads? Just because you said he was "okay" on one or 2 occasions doesn't change any of that.

Well I didn't just say he was 'okay' so again, more nonsense.

1 hour ago, guyavfc said:

I genuinely don't think he'll even be good enough at championship level. At least we know Gardner is, I wish we'd have give him more of a chance in the premier league.

I think hel be 'good' enough. Certainly won't be pulling up ant trees tho. Don't think any of them will. They've proven theyre nowhere near good enough for this league so there is no obvious reason why they are going to be anything other than mediocre/half decent at championship level.

We are so so far behind and as Bournemouth, Watford and Norwich show, their is not a huge difference between the bottom of the prem/top of the champ.

We need to get shot of Westwood, Guzan and Gabby. Probably Clark aswell as at least Baker has had a full season down there.

It's a bit like when Wolves went down in 11/12. It looked a decent team in the championship, likes of Ebanks-Blake and Doyle etc but they'd become so used to losing in the premier league it just continued down there.

I think that would happen if those 4 were still regulars somehow next season.

Put it this way Westwood isn't going to be some matchwinning player for us in the championship, the level isn't that bad down there so to me he's easily replaceable. Infact with the cost cutting we could easily just sell him and play Gardner instead.

14 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

It is baffling that we allowed Sherwood to give him a contract extension at the end of his worst season for us. I think we are stuck with him for at least another season. I had high hopes for him but is turning into a meh player.

"Turning" into a meh player? He's been shit since day one , and if you want a definitive example of Lerner's lack of ambition you only have to look at how a player as average as Westwood has managed to play more than 100 league games for a club as big as Aston Villa. It's incredible. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, PaulC said:

He's probably the type of player we need to keep for the championship. I think he will be decent in that division, he just isn't up to Premier League standard,

I really can't see this. Just becasue the standard of opposition is poorer - Westwood isn't suddenly become braver? Suddenly learn to defend and follow the opposition. If he plays next season as our defensive midfielder we will likely be in another relegation scrap.

Perhaps, he could be good to bring on if we're 2-3 goals ahead and he's going to play keep ball, but other than that I think he offers nothing.