Ashley Westwood

Nabby

1 hour ago, R.Bear said:

I think I have said this before once or twice but...

Worst player to play 50+ games for the club.

The point made before, which I agree with, is it's difficult to make such a strong proclamation when the club has been in existence for 140+ years. 

However, I have to agree, he may well be the worst player to have played more than 50 matches in the Premier League era, I'm not sure who else would challenge him for that. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, calcifer said:

He is not Premier league class at all! The bloke might find his level next season tho....

A blind man could see he wasn't PL class from day one yet we practically built a team around him. Now we're finally staring relegation in the face. 

• Like 1

Just now, sne said:

Will be very useful for us in the Championship (if we manage to flog him to another Championship team that is...)

He doesn't deserve to be rewarded with another season at our club. He's an abomination who has to be shown the door. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, sne said:

Will be very useful for us in the Championship (if we manage to flog him to another Championship team that is...)

That is one big concern I have for our future. Not being able to get rid of enough of our current players. I mean, who would want most of them?

As for Westwood. He might do a job in the Championship but he is part of the losing mentality and it would be best to replace him if we can.

• Like 1

He doesn't deserve to be rewarded with another season at our club. He's an abomination who has to be shown the door. 

New contract means we're stuck with him and Bacuna. I can't see why anybody would want them at their club in the top two divisions.

12 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

That is one big concern I have for our future. Not being able to get rid of enough of our current players. I mean, who would want most of them?

As for Westwood. He might do a job in the Championship but he is part of the losing mentality and it would be best to replace him if we can.

Me too

Championship quality (if that) players on mostly Premier League salaries who can't be arsed to put in a shift in this league.

No sane club that has watched us play would wan't any of them other than the few player who might actually be worth keeping like Ayew, Amavi, Adama... 

QPR and Sunderland if they go down with us are our only hope.

As for Westy I fear if we look hard enough we will see him doing his best impersonation of the invisible man only popping up to give away a stupid foul or penalty to the opposition for us next season to.

Pointless player who adds nothing at all to the team

Edited by sne
  • Like 2

For me the signing of Ashley Wood signalled the start of our decline, he epitomised the infamously Lerner/Faulkner/Lambert "Project". We have undoubtedly had worse in the last five years, but he was never ever good enough for Premier League that he is still here shows 'the project' is still very much alive, but AVFC is very ill because of it.

• Like 3

he peaked after his first season. I thought myself he might be on the fringes of a call up. I even heard Motson on MOTD say something similar.

That was the time to sell him for about 7 million to Norwich or Palace clubs who always buy midget lightweight midfeilders.

8 minutes ago, MikeMcKenna said:

For me the signing of Ashley Wood signalled the start of our decline, he epitomised the infamously Lerner/Faulkner/Lambert "Project". We have undoubtedly had worse in the last five years, but he was never ever good enough for Premier League that he is still here shows 'the project' is still very much alive, but AVFC is very ill because of it.

Agree with this 100%. To me he sums up our decline. We were lied to by the club who classed him as "young and hungry" in a bid to blag their way into fooling the fans he was some kind of uncut diamond who'd turn out to be a star. The more savvy amongst us spotted he wasn't and never would be PL standard and was nothing but the catalyst of our decline. That same summer we signed dross like Bowery, Lowton and Bennett etc and it was clear Lerner was downgrading our club. What pisses me off most is that so many fans fell for the bull, and it's only recently our fan base has realised where our problems lie. The owner is killing our club and we've just sat there and taken it.