Ashley Westwood

Nabby

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

You may have noticed the plural - "players".

Go read my opinion on Guzan, Okore, Lescott, grealish, gabby to name a few.

Go and read who I lay the blame on for this season.

Edited by Woodytom

1 minute ago, sne said:

400 pages of arguing if Westwood is shit, mediocre or not quite as bad as most other players in this awful squad.

Good times, good times.

Nah there's some pages that say he's a great player. Some that say he is a future villa captain. Some that say man utd will come for him to replace Carrick. Some that say he will play for England. Some that say he's good enough for England after his first season. Some that say he was worth 10m after his first season. Some that say he will be a future England captain.

The praise for him (usually at the end of each season) is beyond bizarre throughout this thread. Only in the last season have the vast majority downgraded their opinion of him and now claim theyve pretty much always just said he was decent. 

One thing that is evident throughout the 400 pages - me saying he's shite :D

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Woodytom said:

Nah there's some pages that say he's a great player. Some that say he is a future villa captain. Some that say man utd will come for him to replace Carrick. Some that say he will play for England. Some that say he's good enough for England after his first season. Some that say he was worth 10m after his first season. Some that say he will be a future England captain.

The praise for him (usually at the end of each season) is beyond bizarre throughout this thread. Only in the last season have the vast majority downgraded their opinion of him and now claim theyve pretty much always just said he was decent. 

One thing that is evident throughout the 400 pages - me saying he's shite :D

Yeah, those posts weren't very prescient were they?

One thing I will say for all those pages and pages though, they were an awful lot more interesting to read than you pointing out how right you were YET AGAIN. 

• Like 3

TBH the reality is somewhere in between the haters and the lovers. Yes he cycles the ball around well, but can't attack, beat a man, pick a forward pass or whip a corner. A poor man's Scholes.

On a scale of Reo-coker to Zidane he's about a 2.5

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mwj said:

2.5 x Reo-Coker or Zidane/2.5? Or 'On a scale of z to umpteen he's about a red'? That rating doesn't make much sense to me. Your scale might go from 1-3, in which case he's one of the best footballers in the PL, or from 1 to one million, in which case he would be rated somewhat below par for the current squad, but way above the Villa board...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Woodytom said:

So why don't you support all the shit players we have?

I do? Even players like Sinclair who I think is objectively one of the worst footballers I've seen as well as a financial drain, I'm not all up in his thread every day win or lose reciting the same thing.

2 hours ago, mwj said:

TBH the reality is somewhere in between the haters and the lovers. Yes he cycles the ball around well, but can't attack, beat a man, pick a forward pass or whip a corner. A poor man's Scholes.

I'd take reo-Coker all day long. Sure he didn't really prove his worth but that performance at anfield was arguably the best midfield display I've seen from any villa player.

I'd take Zidane too fwiw.

I'd take reo-Coker all day long. Sure he didn't really prove his worth but that performance at anfield was arguably the best midfield display I've seen from any villa player.

I'd take Zidane too fwiw.

Wow.

Nigel "two shins" Reo-coker was the worst midfielder I've ever seen.

2.5 x Reo-Coker or Zidane/2.5? Or 'On a scale of z to umpteen he's about a red'? That rating doesn't make much sense to me. Your scale might go from 1-3, in which case he's one of the best footballers in the PL, or from 1 to one million, in which case he would be rated somewhat below par for the current squad, but way above the Villa board...

0 to 10, I'll let you decide which is which :)