Jordan Bowery

FamousHolteUnion

The main thing I don't get with Bowery is people saying some of the youth players should be playing instead of him as they're "better" yet the people that see everyone train day in day out keep putting him in the matchday squad. He's clearly a better option than the others in the squad on the basis he gets to play.

I can understand people wanting our 5th / 6th choice striker to be amazing but lets be honest a work horse will do just fine and to be perfectly honest, how many times has he been awful or even near that?

The last part is true. With Bowery it all comes down to what we expect from him. Some people clearly judge him by comparing him to Benteke, Kozak and the like which I don't think is fair. When called upon or when he has started like last season he's always done what was asked and put in solid performances. He's no world beater and what I've seen he's not going to create something special out of nowhere but he does his job and is willing to be a squad player.

On the few occasions he has played a part I've thought he looked good. Seem to remember a decent performance against West Ham and a good bit of play to help set up the first Stoke goal. 

I seem to remember an article in which he said he always wanted to play for Villa, not sure where I read it though

• 1 month later...

He comes on, works hard, puts in a shift, does what he can for the team and people dislike him.

Rather have Bowery than Ireland.

I have no issues with Bowery, he is a good body to have. He isn't a first team and probably never will be, but he works hard and deserves some credit.

How poor must helenius be in training if Bowery is coming on ahead of him?

Bowery is used to close games out, I would assume that Henelius isn't that kind of player. Bowery, if anything, is used as a defensive forward

He looked good in pre season

He did. I really thought he'd get a chance earlier this season. He's a player I'm looking forward to seeing. But I just wonder how he looks in training if Bowery, a player who will never be a prem regular, continues to get time ahead of him.

Â