Jordan Bowery

FamousHolteUnion

Yeah he's there to hassle, as fantastically down against stoke last year when he chased nothing and made a goal. Very limited player, but he's not here as a goal scorer, bit rather for his physicality. It's a bit dark ages, but whatever

He scored 8 goals in 80 odd league 2 games. I'm no football manager but I find it truly bizarre that he gets regular Premier League games for us. Yet Fonz can't get a look in nor Burke who I'd rather see developed than Bowery . No offence to the guy but it just seems so pointless.

I'm not surprised to see Morpheus liking this. Lol. How has he ever had "regular premier league games"!!!!??? He clearly hasn't. And yet, any time—every single time—I have seen Bowery come on or start I can see he is doing a job/role for the team that the players you compare him to are incapable of. It's so obvious that Lambert uses his ability (limited or whatever) to fill a hole in the team when injuries dictate we need him. Bowery has been effective enough without every being startling. He's had a few good games to be fair. Burke is a total unknown prospect. He's small and is a totally different player to Bowery. 

This website is full of silliness. 

Tell me 'praisedmambo' in your enlightened opinion do you feel that Bowery has been purchased as a wide player, utility player or to play in his normal position as a striker?  

My opinion is he's a utility player 100%. He was bought for barely anything and he is performing a role in the squad—to fill in when it is needed. That is clearly what he's being used for. We've got good results in most of his appearances—sub appearances or otherwise—who's to say that if we'd brought on a less solid player (I say solid as in he's strong, can hold the ball etc) then we might have lost/drawn games when we were winning. We threw so many games away with too many young players in the team over the last few years, at least Bowery has some experience. I don't see Bowery as a young prospect AT ALL. I think it's silly comparing him to Grealish or Burke as I don't think their roles in the squad are nearly comparable. Bowery in his way is capable of playing now. This might always be the level we see him play: I think Lambert knows that and I don't think he'll be around the club for that long. 

For me this is part of the Rome wasn't built in a day scenario. Building a club and squad clearly takes time. During that time there will be a few players who are going to have minor roles. Bowery will probably be one of them. He's doing well enough so far anyway. 

EDIT: And I don't see the problem with this at all. 

EDIT 2: Morpheus it's like you can't help having a bitch and a moan. You're boring. 

Yet my posts are not boring enough to stop you responding to them and its a pity you followed up a good post with post on poster comments.

Would people really rather have Delfouneso than Bowery? The guy with a worse goalscoring record (albeit by about 0.05 goals per game), is older, only scored 2 in 30 games for us and generally looks like he doesn't give a shit when he plays?

Bowery may not be premier league standard, but he **** tries, and players like Weimann and Milner show that is very **** important in this league, as have players like Bent and Ireland. Bowery does a job, and thats to come on against tired legs and work his socks off to keep them on their toes. No, he probably won't become a 20 goal a season striker, maybe even not 10 or 15, but he has his uses.

And comparing him to Heskey, what's wrong with having a cheaper version of Heskey? 10 or 12 years ago that would've been a compliment.

Bowery is very much one for the future IMO, he's only 21, not all players peak early like Rooney or Fabregas, or even Gabby. Clark is an example of that, he's 24 and starting to come good, yet the last few seasons people have been saying it's too late for him as he's not a teenager anymore. I like Bowery because he tries, and I hope he improves as a player, but there is no need to write him off yet, especially when he's probably played in the region of 200 premier league minutes in his career.

Edited by MessiWillSignForVilla

Bowery is very much one for the future IMO, he's only 21, not all players peak early like Rooney or Fabregas, or even Gabby. Clark is an example of that, he's 24 and starting to come good, yet the last few seasons people have been saying it's too late for him as he's not a teenager anymore. I like Bowery because he tries, and I hope he improves as a player, but there is no need to write him off yet, especially when he's probably played in the region of 200 premier league minutes in his career.

Bowery won't  be at villa when he's 24

EDIT 2: Morpheus it's like you can't help having a bitch and a moan. You're boring. 

Yet my posts are not boring enough to stop you responding to them and its a pity you followed up a good post with post on poster comments.

As you can tell I'm implying your bitching and moaning is boring! That has nothing to do with me responding.  

I have no problem with Bowery's role at the club. He's on low wages, doesn't expect to ever start and from what I've heard from other players is a great laugh in the dressing room. Which is obviously great for team spirit. Sometimes it's not always about what they do on the pitch, specially when they barely play! 

Guess there's many posters on here who would be a great laugh in the dressing room but that doesn't mean we'd want them in the team. Sorry I think on a bench you want players that can impact a game. Being on low wages and being great in the dressing room is largely irrelevant.

I have no problem with Bowery's role at the club. He's on low wages, doesn't expect to ever start and from what I've heard from other players is a great laugh in the dressing room. Which is obviously great for team spirit. Sometimes it's not always about what they do on the pitch, specially when they barely play! 

Guess there's many posters on here who would be a great laugh in the dressing room but that doesn't mean we'd want them in the team. Sorry I think on a bench you want players that can impact a game. Being on low wages and being great in the dressing room is largely irrelevant.

he can impact a game though, just not in the way you want him to. he's  a good shout for bringing on to either close something out, or tire defenders even more. he won't score, and he'll only set up the odd goal, but sometimes you need someone who'll go on and just be a bit of a nuisance

• Like 2

he can impact a game though, just not in the way you want him to. he's  a good shout for bringing on to either close something out, or tire defenders even more. he won't score, and he'll only set up the odd goal, but sometimes you need someone who'll go on and just be a bit of a nuisance

Ok fair enough!

As you can tell I'm implying your bitching and moaning is boring! That has nothing to do with me responding.  

Probably working on the premise that if you find something boring you either don't do it again change position or simply switch off.

In your case it obviously doesn't apply.

If anything he's being deployed as a defensive forward, a job he's doing very.

Is that a midfielder? :)

No he's a utility player whose main attribute is being great for team morale in the dressing room.

• Like 1

Probably working on the premise that if you find something boring you either don't do it again change position or simply switch off.

In your case it obviously doesn't apply.

But it's not me that's doing it :/ 

No he's a utility player whose main attribute is being great for team morale in the dressing room.

except that isn't what was said, was it?

The main thing I don't get with Bowery is people saying some of the youth players should be playing instead of him as they're "better" yet the people that see everyone train day in day out keep putting him in the matchday squad. He's clearly a better option than the others in the squad on the basis he gets to play.

I can understand people wanting our 5th / 6th choice striker to be amazing but lets be honest a work horse will do just fine and to be perfectly honest, how many times has he been awful or even near that?

except that isn't what was said, was it?

It was a joke stefan. Ease up a little or i'll have to be slaughtered in another debate with you. ;)

No he's closing down their defenders and keepers putting pressure on them. He holds up the ball, plays for a foul. Tracks back. He's not being used to score goals, he's being used to hold on to a win or a draw.

Â