Richard Dunne

Zatman

He's been very good this season and back to his old self. If McLeish would partner him with Cuellar (when fit) instead of Collins our defense would be rock solid (at least the central part of it, both fullbacks have been, so far, crap IMO :lol:).

I think our back 5 has been solid and confidence will grow. We have defended very well at times. We do look like we've got a mistake in us but generally I think we will be fine. Dunne is back to his best and with Big Eck having his ARM around his shoulder I think he will be a massive player for us this season.

Erm so the answers unlucky. The fact that he's in these 'great' positions but the ball always seems to hit him and go in makes him unlucky.

the ball doesnt always seem to hit him and go in. he's played almost 500 games and the ball has hit him and gone in 9 times

Erm so the answers unlucky. The fact that he's in these 'great' positions but the ball always seems to hit him and go in makes him unlucky.

the ball doesnt always seem to hit him and go in. he's played almost 500 games and the ball has hit him and gone in 9 times

Him being a big lump with the turning circle of the Titanic doesn't help, either.

He's either the unluckiest defender ever, or always in the wrong place at the wrong time!
Must say I was thinking that after yesterday's match. I believe it's true that he scores more own goals than most premier league defenders and after a while you need to look beyond "bad luck" as the explanation.

• 4 months later...

I cant believe this thread wasnt up front after todays effort,im not here to praise him for his goal either.Their is a thread on here that pertains to collins and his performances over the course of the season but very little negativity towards his playing partner,Dunne.Today Dunne went out of his way to single handedly put Arsenal back in the game,his stupid effort of a mistimed lunge to give away the penalty was a complete and utter travesty,its not the first time hes lunged in like that and it wont be the last,so now we have Collins out the way its time dunne got his fair share of the shit thrown at him.The sooner hes out of Villa park the better.

His positioning is regularly shocking, its why his best and worst moments as a defender come with him on his rather substantial ass. He doesn't read the game very well, lacks concentration and wonders out of position then goes diving in when he is trying to correct his mistakes.

He is an extremely average player who really doesn't deserve the repuation he enjoys.

didnt notice it at the time but his position and decision making for the 2nd goal was shocking
yes but take on mind Warnock's stupid sliding tackle to nowhere. it is fullback job not to allow winger to go through him by the byline. if winger cuts inside, it is the job of CB or DM to cover/double. the 2nd goal was Warnock's and Hutton's stupidity.

He is an extremely average player who really doesn't deserve the repuation he enjoys.

This. He's a journeyman premier league player for a lower to midtable table side. That's all he ever was or ever will be. That's not a slight on the lad, not everyone can be a maldini.

Â